Splash guard for open two place

ryan488

Reaction score
Hi there, I am looking for a splash guard/salt shield for my open two place trailer. Does anyone know where I can find one? Thanks

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I am looking for a splash guard/salt shield for my open two place trailer. Does anyone know where I can find one? Thanks

Bigdoo has a fiberglass one he might sell I'll ask him and get back to ya.
Its at 162skidoo's place maybe he could post a pic of it??:d

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just built a really nice one for my 2 place flat front out of puck board and flat iron. Came out really good, tows easy and only took a couple of hours to build. Put it all together for about a $100.00. Can post some pics if you want for ideas

Snowdoogie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just built a really nice one for my 2 place flat front out of puck board and flat iron. Came out really good, tows easy and only took a couple of hours to build. Put it all together for about a $100.00. Can post some pics if you want for ideas

Yes please..... post pics,
I have some galvinized sheet steel, I was going to try and make one.
After towing the sleds yesterday, I need to do something.:eek:

SD

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok here are some pics, tough to get good ones as its in the garage but I think these should work. Bent the flat iron in the vice using a hammer and after the first one was bent used it as a template for the others. sheet metal would probably be better than the puck board as it is heavy and I need to put a counter weight on the back end to rebalance the tilt deck, It's till a one man job but easier with some counter weight. I used the threaded stock for support on the side to stiffen the whole splash guard, very happy with it so far...

Attachments

• splash guard 001.jpg
    splash guard 001.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 38
  • splash guard 002.jpg
    splash guard 002.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 35
  • splash guard 003.jpg
    splash guard 003.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 33
  • splash guard 004.jpg
    splash guard 004.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 34
  • splash guard 006.jpg
    splash guard 006.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 37
  • splash guard 005.jpg
    splash guard 005.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 32

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the fiberglass one. He wants half of what he paid for it.
Not that good of a pic. I can get dimensions if you want. $250.00

Attachments

• Splash guard.jpg
    Splash guard.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 35

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

made my own, less than $200, works great.......you could always try a piece of 40" sched 80:alol2:

Attachments

• old sleds 007.jpg
    old sleds 007.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 38

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the fiberglass one. He wants half of what he paid for it.
Not that good of a pic. I can get dimensions if you want. $250.00

Okey Doky...heres the poop on the fiberglass front....
width----8 foot 4
hight-----approx 44 inches maybe 45...
depth front to back along bottom 45 inches.
Had alittle trouble getting the numbers for height and depth exact but they dont matter anyway.---still within an inch..... she was /is darker than the inside of a cows stomach out there and blowing snow like a 2 dollar hoo...nevermind...point is heres the measurements and hope you can use it.
I was going to buy it for my truck lift but the sleds dont get real dirty up top and we've been pretty spoiled with bigdoo's enclosed . enjoy.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okey Doky...heres the poop on the fiberglass front....
width----8 foot 4
hight-----approx 44 inches maybe 45...
depth front to back along bottom 45 inches.
Had alittle trouble getting the numbers for height and depth exact but they dont matter anyway.---still within an inch..... she was /is darker than the inside of a cows stomach out there and blowing snow like a 2 dollar hoo...nevermind...point is heres the measurements and hope you can use it.
I was going to buy it for my truck lift but the sleds dont get real dirty up top and we've been pretty spoiled with bigdoo's enclosed . enjoy.

I am looking for one of these as well. Are the hinged so they can be tilted forward? Le me know if it still for sale and not spoken for. Thanks.

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for one of these as well. Are the hinged so they can be tilted forward? Le me know if it still for sale and not spoken for. Thanks.

No I don't think it is hinged there is a handle on the side you could easly put some hinges on it. It is a nice front it helps direct the road scunge up and over, the very back of the machine will get a bit dirty but it is really good protection. We will get it into town today if some one wants to see it.

snowprozr

Reaction score
What is the mounting hardware like? My trailer is 8foot,3inches wide. I am wondering how it bolts down...is there a flat bar on the bottom and is it on the inside or outside of the guard?

Top Bottom