south trail system

chris79

Reaction score
Just looking for conditions in the york creek and lost lake area. Has anyone been recantly. Are the basins rideable or still lots of landmines. Thanks

Chris

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am not sure but on the crow snow riders website it says the south trail system is in good shape so i am assuming the bowls should be good

i know there is lots of snow on the north system

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. Was there yesterday, trails were good and there was ok riding in the trees. Lost of blowing snow and the bowls were getting to be pretty hard packed. Was worth the trip but could still use a good snowfall. We will probably head to rolling hills on Monday since it sounds like they have more snow.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if they are still grooming the south trails? I want to take the family down this weekend to do some trial riding; my wife has zero tolerance for mogels. The Fernie trails were too rough for the family

I was hoping to ride to the club cabin on the south trail system and will as long as it's not to lumpy.

Otherwise, any other reccomendations for smooth trails safe for a family ride in the crowsnest area? Are they still grooming out of Corbin? Elkford?

Thanks,

Shawn.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am not sure about the south i know the north is going to get down this week

why dont you try the north trail system when are you going down
i am going on fri/sat

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you mean Atlas or Alexander? We have riden Altas and had a great time but the snow was melting fast when we were there (last month). If the trails have been groomed since then that's the spot.

I took the family out to Etherington 2 weekends ago and it was too rough for the kids and thier 120. Just hopingto find something reasonably smooth for the weekend.

Thanks,

Shawn.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the trails were groomed last week before the poker run and the groomer went out after ... we went for a rip on sunday and with the fresh snow they were in good shape....im hoping joe will get out again this week as well

i can check and let ya know

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks polarice! With Fernie pulling the pin on grooming I thought it may have been shut-down in the pass as well. If they have been groomed since the poker run then I'm sure there are trails down there in good shape.

We'll be down there sat-tuesday camping at Lost Lemon.

Do you know if the club grooming contractor minds a few calls on trail conditions?

Thanks,

Shawn.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks polarice! With Fernie pulling the pin on grooming I thought it may have been shut-down in the pass as well. If they have been groomed since the poker run then I'm sure there are trails down there in good shape.

We'll be down there sat-tuesday camping at Lost Lemon.

Do you know if the club grooming contractor minds a few calls on trail conditions?

Thanks,

Shawn.

Fernie hasn't pulled the plug on grooming but we were a little stretched with the drags. We will be doing a groom on Friday night (Coal Creek, Morrissey, and the Wrangler's cabin) and depending on the snow and temperatures possibly a couple more before season end. Web page at FERNIESNOWMOBILE.COM will be updated upon completion of the groom.

Elkford was groomed last Tuesday and the night time temps were in the -20 range so a great set-up occurred.

PM me if you want up-to-date info.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie hasn't pulled the plug on grooming but we were a little stretched with the drags. We will be doing a groom on Friday night (Coal Creek, Morrissey, and the Wrangler's cabin) and depending on the snow and temperatures possibly a couple more before season end. Web page at FERNIESNOWMOBILE.COM will be updated upon completion of the groom.

Elkford was groomed last Tuesday and the night time temps were in the -20 range so a great set-up occurred.

PM me if you want up-to-date info.

That's good to know cuz the club president told my dad last Thursday night that you guys had stopped grooming for the year and boy the trails looked like it!!!! Glad to hear that it will be groomed again......

Top Bottom