sos beacon

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just looking for a sos beacon...anyone know where i can get a good deal...how much do they usually cost? and also looking for a backpack with shovel and probe...anyone know where i can get a good deal?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought an HMK backpack,probe and shovel for $200 from mountain magic. Sweet gear! as for a beacon, i know cycle works sells the sos one for somewhere between $300-350.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im thinking i should have bought this stuff at the sled show...they were 100$ for the packs...

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was at Mountain Magic today the HMK pack,probe,shovel was $199.I have been looking for a bit and the shovel is the best one i've seen,has the ice pick,compass and a saw.Gonna go get one when the sled is fixed before i head out.
I saw the beacon at Argyll can't remember the price but thinking it was $350 or so

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found one New Years eve on KIJIJI for $125 and another one on ebay.Only thing is you gotta be fast for the good deals.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have a mountain equipment co-op near by? They have a great selection! Any way better prices!

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain Equipment Co-op supports the groups that are trying to close down our riding areas. Please refrain from buying from them unless absolutely neccessary.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I agree and need to find the news article that supported that statement...basically they pour tons of money into supporting non motorized sports...no sledding...

Mountain Equipment Co-op supports the groups that are trying to close down our riding areas. Please refrain from buying from them unless absolutely neccessary.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

X2....look at their big posters inside the store, their stance on various issues in SW Alberta, they don't even sell bear spray because it is harmful to the bears (have to go across the street to Coast Mountain Sports or top Camper's Village on south MacLeod).

Where are the Director's from? Toronto, Vancouver, etc and they are purist's not motorized conservationists like our sledding brothers....

rgutmann

Reaction score
Try Cross Country Sales in Sedgewick, Polaris dealer 780-384-2215 for SOS beacon.

Not_the_wife

Reaction score
just looking for a sos beacon...anyone know where i can get a good deal...how much do they usually cost? and also looking for a backpack with shovel and probe...anyone know where i can get a good deal?

Bought my Beacon from
Backcountry.com
they r from the US but fast shipping/ and secure its acutal a ski/ boarding but the avalanche equipment is pretty reasonalble

fmx

Reaction score
what beacon is the best?

The Tracker is very user friendly , and extremely fast . I have played around with my buddies..SOS..and others and find the tracker is the quickest and easiest and they also are around the same price as an SOS. They are ALL great to have as long as you practice and know how to use it. Try to get one that is digital ......IMO

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Got my beacon, BCA Tracker DTS new in the box last season from an eBay seller in Colorado for US$160.00. Keep an eye out you get a good deal MEC in EDTN sells them for $277.00. If you are interested I have a 'used twice' BRP back pack (shovel and probe ready) I'd sell for a good price...will forward pic if you want.

Top Bottom