Sorry Not Sorry

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading into Salmon lake on saturday and came up behind a huge group stopped on the trail most with helmets off just before the first climb. Thought to myself wow that's big group, but why the heck are the plugging up the trail. I decided to side hill around them all with my brother and when i got to the start of the hill i saw the problem. A guy spun out on the ice and no where for me to go.

For that im sorry, i didn't realize why everyone was waiting and didn't mean to cut the line.

So this guy on a AC was all ****ed up and no one was helping him while 30 guys were waiting around the corner. I helped him run it again, and then i helped him get past the second iced part which then he took off and never looked back to help me:mad:. Once my brother walked up to help me through I then threw a bunch of snow down for everyone behind me so they wouldn't hit the same patch.

After all this i was not sorry. We would have waited an hour based on the group effort i saw and im glad we cut the line to get things moving.

Heard some guy yell when i first cut around and saw the guy stuck, "why the fu*k do you think we were waiting"......

My thoughts exactly, why was fu*k was everyone waiting and no one helping. Im not saying everyone in that mass was useless, but for sure the next guy in line should have been involved.

So sorry not sorry.

PS On the way down i seen some effort of guys having busted the banks to make some traction through the iced areas, so thanks to those guys.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I get a little bent out of shape when someone cuts above me in steep terrain too. I agree someone should have lent a hand though. Seeing this more and more where someone is stuck but if he's not in your group no one bothers to help or even see if he needs help.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I get a little bent out of shape when someone cuts above me in steep terrain too. I agree someone should have lent a hand though. Seeing this more and more where someone is stuck but if he's not in your group no one bothers to help or even see if he needs help.
Ya like the douche bags on the 850s when I crashed, they just looked and kept going

sent while drinking tea's

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See this a lot when on poker runs. You'll have a big group sit there and watch with no one helping. Get some hands in there so we all can get going again.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its messed again? Group of us spent some time shoveling it in a week ago. Hopefully this new snow fills it in before thurs.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading into Salmon lake on saturday and came up behind a huge group stopped on the trail most with helmets off just before the first climb. Thought to myself wow that's big group, but why the heck are the plugging up the trail. I decided to side hill around them all with my brother and when i got to the start of the hill i saw the problem. A guy spun out on the ice and no where for me to go.

For that im sorry, i didn't realize why everyone was waiting and didn't mean to cut the line.

So this guy on a AC was all ****ed up and no one was helping him while 30 guys were waiting around the corner. I helped him run it again, and then i helped him get past the second iced part which then he took off and never looked back to help me:mad:. Once my brother walked up to help me through I then threw a bunch of snow down for everyone behind me so they wouldn't hit the same patch.

After all this i was not sorry. We would have waited an hour based on the group effort i saw and im glad we cut the line to get things moving.

Heard some guy yell when i first cut around and saw the guy stuck, "why the fu*k do you think we were waiting"......

My thoughts exactly, why was fu*k was everyone waiting and no one helping. Im not saying everyone in that mass was useless, but for sure the next guy in line should have been involved.

So sorry not sorry.

PS On the way down i seen some effort of guys having busted the banks to make some traction through the iced areas, so thanks to those guys.

hey you were nicer than i would have been. i probably would have said if your going to get stuck on the trail into salmon lake you dont belong in salmon lake

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
hey you were nicer than i would have been. i probably would have said if your going to get stuck on the trail into salmon lake you dont belong in salmon lake
I suppose you were never a first timer either? A pro from the get go? Probably actually never been stuck. Let alone on a trail. I'm sure you would have been one of the douchebags that wouldn't have lent a hand either.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suppose you were never a first timer either? A pro from the get go? Probably actually never been stuck. Let alone on a trail. I'm sure you would have been one of the douchebags that wouldn't have lent a hand either.

when i was a beginner i stuck to beginner terrain. simple. i started going into advanced terrain when i became an advanced rider. again..simple. no one should ever take anyone into zones their group is not qualified for. always ride to the lowest skill level of your group. this is basic stuff i dont know why your mocking me

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few sections were down to ice from throttle happy riders. If everyone carried momentum and eased on the throttle there would never be an issue. Doesn't matter how much it snows, guys will spin it down.

Funny thing is one of the keys to being a good rider is throttle control, if you don't learn it your gonna struggle. Been teaching my brother whose fairly new, and even though hes a natural, there still lots to learn. Hell i feel i have lots to learn yet in this sport.

Pro tip, be in first to Salmon so you dont get stuck waiting.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
when i was a beginner i stuck to beginner terrain. simple. i started going into advanced terrain when i became an advanced rider. again..simple. no one should ever take anyone into zones their group is not qualified for. always ride to the lowest skill level of your group. this is basic stuff i dont know why your mocking me
hashtagBecauseofyourprofilepicture.Ijustdidthatbecausethespacebarquitworking.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
when i was a beginner i stuck to beginner terrain. Simple. I started going into advanced terrain when i became an advanced rider. Again..simple. No one should ever take anyone into zones their group is not qualified for. Always ride to the lowest skill level of your group. This is basic stuff i dont know why your mocking me

because he does that to everyone? Lol

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few sections were down to ice from throttle happy riders. If everyone carried momentum and eased on the throttle there would never be an issue. Doesn't matter how much it snows, guys will spin it down.

Funny thing is one of the keys to being a good rider is throttle control, if you don't learn it your gonna struggle. Been teaching my brother whose fairly new, and even though hes a natural, there still lots to learn. Hell i feel i have lots to learn yet in this sport.

Pro tip, be in first to Salmon so you dont get stuck waiting.

Rather if everyone in your group grabbed a shovel for 10 min, would keep it somewhat manageable with throttle control. She was a bit of a rodeo last weekend that's forsure. Always see the group of 3 waiting at the bottom with one having issues. They tell you he's green but I question them sitting waiting or trying to pull the sled back down to shoot up again full pinned!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i think the first time I rode in Salmon it was just the two of us a few years ago?? Don't remember any trouble!
What amazes me is how many times you pull up to one of these cluster f@$ks and someone says their buddy is spun out on the trail But it's his first time in the mountains! Clearly that's where they should go on their first day in the hills! Maybe a trip into horseshoe for day two would be a good plan!! FFS's there isn't a foot of that trail you can't just idel up with a bit of momentum if some clown with throttle diarrhea hasn't spun it down to bedrock!! Can you imagine how good a trail would keep if every group that had a bit of trouble would spend ten minutes shovelling in their trenches!!

TimpaAssault

Reaction score
Yep, the problem with common courtesy is the same as the problem with common sense... its just not that common. Had my buddies side panels wide open (clutch issue) 7 guys sitting 30ft away and multiple driving past... not one stopped to lend a hand or inquire, I always carry tools and know my way half decent around a sled, so got him fixed up. The give a f**k factor for many idividuals isnt there anymore "not my problem so why should i make it mine?" that being said I have helped people and have been helped multiple times. Dealing with a mechanical issue or wrestling with a 600lb machine out in the middle of no where... help will always be appreciated :)

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, the problem with common courtesy is the same as the problem with common sense... its just not that common. Had my buddies side panels wide open (clutch issue) 7 guys sitting 30ft away and multiple driving past... not one stopped to lend a hand or inquire, I always carry tools and know my way half decent around a sled, so got him fixed up. The give a f**k factor for many idividuals isnt there anymore "not my problem so why should i make it mine?" that being said I have helped people and have been helped multiple times. Dealing with a mechanical issue or wrestling with a 600lb machine out in the middle of no where... help will always be appreciated :)

A good number of the riders out there would be of little or no help for a mechanical issue. Depending on the time of day and direction, I would offer to help with a tow back...

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I find this post to be the opposite of my experience. Not saying this hasn't been yours but in 20 years of mountain riding I can't think of one instance that my group passed a group in distress and didn't offer assistance or vice versa. In my experience the comrodery in sleding is second to none. I wonder what the difference is? We ride multiple areas throughout the winter so I don't think it's a location issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimpaAssault

Reaction score
I find this post to be the opposite of my experience. Not saying this hasn't been yours but in 20 years of mountain riding I can't think of one instance that my group passed a group in distress and didn't offer assistance or vice versa. In my experience the comrodery in sleding is second to none. I wonder what the difference is? We ride multiple areas throughout the winter so I don't think it's a location issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutley, most guys will lend a helping hand because they know exactly what its like. My experience was in Clemina (goat ridge) and I expect it was more than likely beacuse they were the general ride it till i break it and let the dealer do the work kind of people and dont know the mechanicals of sleds (which is fine). Comrodery among sledders is awesome as you said second to none, was just stating my one specific experience and was not a general consensus of the sledding community, but more so of our general populations lack of compassion and respect.

Top Bottom