Something tells me poitics are running this show.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In before the lock.

Although I have noticed some threads have disappeared since yesterday.... Wonder why, the one from linksys and the arctic cat one wasnt even a bad one..... Hmmmmmm.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant believe im saying this but freak kind of raises a point ......It sure seems like threads like to "disappear" around here. Some i can see why but others, well it just seems like there is an agenda behind them. Im sure there is an explination and im also sure that as simple members we are not intitled to one but it would be nice in some cases.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup......its absolute BS. People post honest experiences with a product or service and the thread gets deleted because the crappy vendor is a site sponsor. Come on snow and mud. Maybe choose advertisers whos work can stand up to a little public scrutiny. The reasons people come on sites like these is to find out about products and services. Seems like that doesnt happen anymore because everything is tainted by bullchit sponsorship and advertising. You guys are getting as bad as dootalk. Guess Ill keep creeping over on snowest.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started a thread asking if anyone has tried some gear called Rubber Side Down and noticed it was gone the next day. WTF

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
During the summer I started a thread showing my custom snorkel install on my quad and encouraged others to post their snorkel jobs as well. Within a day there was a handful of other people who posted their pics also and the thread looked like it had a bright future but 2 days after I started it the thread was gone. I wrote a PM to ron knight asking what's up and never got a reply. There was no reason for that thread to be removed. There was no bashing or fighting or any BS of the sort.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not too sure myself but for the majority of users who use this site free the board is funded by advertising so if your users are bashing the people who fund the site they will most likely pull their ads and eventually it will shut the board down due to lack of funding, it's like the bashing that gets out of hand and messes up useable threads, people will get sick of it and quit logging in because they know they are going to get spammed regardless of post, then user numbers fall and there is no enticement for people to advertise to the remaining 10 retards yapping off to one another about how cool they are, I rebuild old vehicles, 4x4, etc and was actually surprised as to how open this board is and how much the mods let slide, if this were like other forums I'm a part of half of you guys would be in for an eye opener, these forums are put in place for enthusiasts to share and use knowledge and for fun, the problem is the whole having fun shouldn't overrun every thread and spam up the board when they have an anything goes section;) just saying what I see flame away all you want

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're absolutely right. Lots of other forums wouldn't put up with the BS that some people around here pull. I just have seen firsthand certain threads disappear without explanation and they had no mention of any sponsors and there was nobody being a mouthy smarta$$ either.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're absolutely right. Lots of other forums wouldn't put up with the BS that some people around here pull. I just have seen firsthand certain threads disappear without explanation and they had no mention of any sponsors and there was nobody being a mouthy smarta$$ either.

Some threads disappeared this spring/summer when the site got moved to a new server company and again when the site got upgraded. Ron and company did their best to restore it all, but it was a gigantic task with a few unforeseen problems, and a few threads slipped away. Yours may have been one of them :(

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some threads disappeared this spring/summer when the site got moved to a new server company and again when the site got upgraded. Ron and company did their best to restore it all, but it was a gigantic task with a few unforeseen problems, and a few threads slipped away. Yours may have been one of them :(
Yeah it didn't happen during the server switch. I just figured it musta got lost due to the busy nature of this site, there's tons going on on any given day and I know how computers can be. And I can't think of any possible reason my thread disappeared except by accident. The mods got so much to deal with, I'm certainly not jealous. They do so much work for us just because they care about the sport and community that surrounds it. They definitely don't get the recognition they deserve for the time they put in.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What you are entitled to is directly proportionate to the amount you pay in subscription fees. This site is free, neither Ron nor any of the people working on it owe any of us anything. If you don't like their 'agenda' pack up your whiny a$$ and go b!tch on another forum.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not too sure myself but for the majority of users who use this site free the board is funded by advertising so if your users are bashing the people who fund the site they will most likely pull their ads and eventually it will shut the board down due to lack of funding, it's like the bashing that gets out of hand and messes up useable threads, people will get sick of it and quit logging in because they know they are going to get spammed regardless of post, then user numbers fall and there is no enticement for people to advertise to the remaining 10 retards yapping off to one another about how cool they are, I rebuild old vehicles, 4x4, etc and was actually surprised as to how open this board is and how much the mods let slide, if this were like other forums I'm a part of half of you guys would be in for an eye opener, these forums are put in place for enthusiasts to share and use knowledge and for fun, the problem is the whole having fun shouldn't overrun every thread and spam up the board when they have an anything goes section;) just saying what I see flame away all you want

X2...what tantrumpipeline said.

I have been checking out the thread about the Pro Climb issues...was looking for some REAL info. What a waste of time...25 pages of BASHING, BASHING and even more BASHING...give it a break. Take that crap to the anything goes section...stay out of the manufacturer areas.

Top Bottom