Something tells me poitics are running this show.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Money talks,first,loudest and always has the last word.
The only trouble with censoring post"s is often times it doesnt happen near fast enough. that goes for my crap as well.It would be great to have a place to voice vendor experiences, good and bad but it always turns into a ch!t show,so it gets pulled.simple

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Money talks,first,loudest and always has the last word.
The only trouble with censoring post"s is often times it doesnt happen near fast enough. that goes for my crap as well.It would be great to have a place to voice vendor experiences, good and bad but it always turns into a ch!t show,so it gets pulled.simple

thanks Scott's for the great explanation. We have pulled threads for supporting vendors and against supporting vendors, there usually is 2 sides to a story as well. Some times there is too much damage control to do so it can be easer to put the thread into moderation and the moderation team will discuss. this is really not easy for us either, we get crap of we don't and crap if we do. We do the best thing for both parties the members and the suppliers of services and products. When a thread is posted against a vendor they usually are contacted right away to look at and respond. if the thread has gone wild already it's tough for them to respond.
Same with other instances as well, we may moderate a thread not knowing that someone was just joking. Some things can be taken the wrong way as well.

hope you understand why some of these decisions are made.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
thanks Scott's for the great explanation. We have pulled threads for supporting vendors and against supporting vendors, there usually is 2 sides to a story as well. Some times there is too much damage control to do so it can be easer to put the thread into moderation and the moderation team will discuss. this is really not easy for us either, we get crap of we don't and crap if we do. We do the best thing for both parties the members and the suppliers of services and products. When a thread is posted against a vendor they usually are contacted right away to look at and respond. if the thread has gone wild already it's tough for them to respond.
Same with other instances as well, we may moderate a thread not knowing that someone was just joking. Some things can be taken the wrong way as well.

hope you understand why some of these decisions are made.

Ron, ya' gotta doo what yo' gotta doo! Period......

Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow the big kahuna responded to this one. i thought it would get pulled right away.
great explanation ron,
you all do a great job keep up the good work.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Why would you want to promote and take support from a vendor who has bent so many people over?

LHF, why do you continue to come on the site when every one makes fun of you?

And the answer to this question, There are two sides to every storey and we haven't heard the other side. That would be between the vendor and the consumer and should not be posted all over to see. I have personally brought my sled into a shop or shops and have always spent over double my estimated price. Thats seems usual with a sled modification shop. For example, Something was taken apart and it was better to upgrade this while its apart or change the bearings or seals, while that more and just an hour or two extra as well. Then while your at it I like those wheels, add a set of those, and throw on a K&N filter too. Next thing you know the bills double. This happens with all of them too. And there are shops out there that we had alot of complaints on for years and I checked into them and could never contact the vendor, they are not a vendor on here and wont ever be, because they wont deal with there problems. No ones perfect, we have heard complaints from all the sled shops everywhere. This site is not here to bash a shop and ruin them either, no matter if supporting or non-supporting. If a thread is going south it may be deleted.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And while were at it who deleted ~Rowdy~? She seems to have disappeared as well.........................................JK. LOL.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. Isn't that the truth, Ron I think I've be screwed over by everyone out their at one time another. All of them are basically ok guys but everyone of them have had serious crap go out the door from time to time..They put this stuff together basically having zero test time on the latest greatest doodad everyyear..They pretty much have to claim to be an expert on stuff that just showed up in a box this morning..Then it's put together and leaves their shop in the hands of a complete imbecile, who has way more money than mech skills.. I can think of three different times that I have been at either shops on the yellowhead to pick up guys sleds on the way through and in each time the guys had changed out $h!t, had stuff fked up before even pulling the rope.It a no win situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. Isn't that the truth, Ron I think I've be screwed over by everyone out their at one time another. All of them are basically ok guys but everyone of them have had serious crap go out the door from time to time..They put this stuff together basically having zero test time on the latest greatest doodad everyyear..They pretty much have to claim to be an expert on stuff that just showed up in a box this morning..Then it's put together and leaves their shop in the hands of a complete imbecile, who has way more money than mech skills.. I can think of three different times that I have been at either shops on the yellowhead to pick up guys sleds on the way through and in each time the guys had changed out $h!t, had stuff fked up before even pulling the rope.It a no win situation.
All shops make mistakes but there is a big difference from making an honest mistake and screwing people over time and time again.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Doesn't matter what you buy or what service is provided whether sleds, quads, trucks, furances, houses 1 in 25 peeps may have a bad experience and you hear the most from the 1 guy and the band wagoners jump on and always offer there 2 cents. 99% the vendor will make it right but still not good enough for some peeps and usually not the vendor problems to start with you can gold plate a turd but it is still a turd. And it depends who it is if Bogger had a problem with a shop 100 peeps would join in and say how sh!tty the shop is and how right Bogger was. If LHF had the exact same thing happen to him 100 peeps would jump on say how stupid he is and got what he deserved.....just sayin

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All shops make mistakes but there is a big difference from making an honest mistake and screwing people over time and time again.

EXACTLY. And a vendor feedback section is going to clear this up very quickly. Someone might post a bad review of a shop......but if they are a reputable shop, there will be 30 positive reviews for that one negative one. People will start to get the picture pretty quickly. And if a shop is continually getting bad feedback and just happen to be a site sponsor, you might want to reconsider which businesses you are helping promote.

Top Bottom