Something needs to change!!!

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would take very little enforcement to stop drunks from operating a motor vehicle AKA sleds. Send a couple of officers up the hill it would be like catching fish out of a barrel to start with. If I am not mistaken this is impaired driving . Not sure how it would work but at the very least the sled would be impounded and the individual would have a stay in the Revy house of many doors till the next morning. Could have to fight to keep his Motor vehicle licence. It would not take long to stop this nonsense. A little bit of enforcement would go along way IMO.

EmEight

Reaction score
Humm what goes up the trail must come down, also guys drinking in the staging area, Like you reported on here.

Guess you wouldn't report a sled getting stolen cause you don't know what direction they were going.

Sorry sir I do not agree that, not reporting it to the authorities and ranting on here is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using

What trail did they come up? What trail did they go down? If I report a drunk driver on the road I can follow him till the cops get there. Are you going to follow a group around all day on Boulder? Don't think so bud. Now we are comparing DUI with stolen sleds?? Wow. Wrong thread for stolen stuff. And ya I probably should have called it in. But does that mean I'm not aloud to talk about it? And be upset by it? Do we even have freedom of speech? Are you saying that you have never ranted about something that you wished you had handled differently? Geez bud. Just trying to see what other think we can do about this ongoing problem. And now I'm on trial? You are telling me what I can and cannot do. Give your head a shake.

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Humm what goes up the trail must come down, also guys drinking in the staging area, Like you reported on here.

Guess you wouldn't report a sled getting stolen cause you don't know what direction they were going.

Sorry sir I do not agree that, not reporting it to the authorities and ranting on here is ok.

What trail did they come up? What trail did they go down? If I report a drunk driver on the road I can follow him till the cops get there. Are you going to follow a group around all day on Boulder? Don't think so bud. Now we are comparing DUI with stolen sleds?? Wow. Wrong thread for stolen stuff. And ya I probably should have called it in. But does that mean I'm not aloud to talk about it? And be upset by it? Do we even have freedom of speech? Are you saying that you have never ranted about something that you wished you had handled differently? Geez bud. Just trying to see what other think we can do about this ongoing problem. And now I'm on trial? You are telling me what I can and cannot do. Give your head a shake.

well with the new registration laws into effect, the sled should have a plate on it now. Maybe this could be given to the rcmp and description of the sled, hopefully the rc's could figure it out from there. I do agree with having random checks at the trail head.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would take very little enforcement to stop drunks from operating a motor vehicle AKA sleds. Send a couple of officers up the hill it would be like catching fish out of a barrel to start with. If I am not mistaken this is impaired driving . Not sure how it would work but at the very least the sled would be impounded and the individual would have a stay in the Revy house of many doors till the next morning. Could have to fight to keep his Motor vehicle licence. It would not take long to stop this nonsense. A little bit of enforcement would go along way IMO.

Absolutely, and with help from the general public with tips would help with the problem quite abit, and not posting the known problem on here after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

You said you were on the trail out and met a guy going back in. I'd say you knew exactly what trail they were on. DEFINITELY should have AT LEAST made a quick phone call imo.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely report it. Can also wait in the parking lot and report vehicle and plate. Good chance if they are riding the next day they will be drinking again.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Alcohol and sledding is definitely a problem. I like someone else above don't have a problem with a person having a couple beers throughout the day. It is not for me and what little coordination I have remaining goes to chit in a hand basket with even one beer.

Look at the discards in the cabins. Back in my grooming days, the operator picked up the garbage in the cabin. Large garbage bags full of discards and not just beer cans; 40 oz and even the 60 pounders on occasion. I like my little neck of the woods and most days I am not in jeopardy of getting run over by an impaired driver. It would be scary at Boulder and Frisby with the huge numbers and the way the trails are ridden up and down. A regular check stop would curtail the foolishness and yes it is impaired driving and all the consequences that would go along with that.

Sled impounded, charges, and the other things that go along with the charge (loss of license, etc.). Now you are in the crowbar hotel for the night, what about your truck and trailer in the parking lot. Lots to think about..........some people just don't get it!

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alcohol and sledding is definitely a problem. I like someone else above don't have a problem with a person having a couple beers throughout the day. It is not for me and what little coordination I have remaining goes to chit in a hand basket with even one beer.

Look at the discards in the cabins. Back in my grooming days, the operator picked up the garbage in the cabin. Large garbage bags full of discards and not just beer cans; 40 oz and even the 60 pounders on occasion. I like my little neck of the woods and most days I am not in jeopardy of getting run over by an impaired driver. It would be scary at Boulder and Frisby with the huge numbers and the way the trails are ridden up and down. A regular check stop would curtail the foolishness and yes it is impaired driving and all the consequences that would go along with that.

Sled impounded, charges, and the other things that go along with the charge (loss of license, etc.). Now you are in the crowbar hotel for the night, what about your truck and trailer in the parking lot. Lots to think about..........some people just don't get it!

dead on.... I have no issue with a rider having a few over the day but think that its best that we save it for when we are off the hill. Go to the hotel or the bar and have a good safe time...

Dfewchuk868

Reaction score
90% of the time when u see someone that mangled, it's at the cabin or on a main trail. If there's an opportunity rip the key outta his sled and run it to
the bottom. Call the cops. That sled isn't Goin anywhere and either is the guy runnin it. It's our freedoms to ride thise
areas that will be taken away. That's when I take it personally and don't depend on the authorities to do something I'm perfectly capable of

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we go quadding to big horn and other busy areas the fish cops and RCMP are always out on the trails checking you out. Why can't they do it in the sledding areas too?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we go quadding to big horn and other busy areas the fish cops and RCMP are always out on the trails checking you out. Why can't they do it in the sledding areas too?

probably too cold on a sled.

EmEight

Reaction score

Good question? We use to see the RCMP at the cabin in Boulder all the time. But lately, not so much. There are easily as many sleds on Boulder as there are quads at big horn dam in any given weekend.

Adren-junkie

Reaction score
So I've seen people on here several times ranting about guys drinking & riding or driving and rightly so, but how come nobody ever complains about guys smoking reefers before/during or in their trailers before the hit the road?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I've seen people on here several times ranting about guys drinking & riding or driving and rightly so, but how come nobody ever complains about guys smoking reefers before/during or in their trailers before the hit the road?
Liquor gives you balls. Weed gives you munchies. And for regular pot smokers it's not like they are getting ripped off weed. Just a little buzz.

Adren-junkie

Reaction score
Liquor gives you balls. Weed gives you munchies. And for regular pot smokers it's not like they are getting ripped off weed. Just a little buzz.
That's the biggest bunch of bull **** I've ever seen! For starters lack of coordination & slow reaction time that makes drunks dangerous...ditto for pot smokers, and not getting ripped..give me a break, it's quite the opposite, guys can have a beer or two, not very often you see someone have 1 hit off a joint, they are loaded every time they lite up. I know people that smoke pot think it's acceptable to drive when stoned but they are dead wrong. I haven't smoked pot in ALOT of years but smoked my fair share when I was young.

Symbiotic

Reaction score
I've been sledding all over Northern Ontario and into Quebec where trails are groomed and maintained extremely well and would very frequently come across check-stops. Drinking/sledding has always been an issue and only a matter of time until funding is in place for the same thing to happen in the mountains in strategic areas, access to trailheads, intersections to various playgrounds, cabins etc...

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO, save your choice of alcohol (or "whatever") until the end of the day - in a safe way/place, there is NO good reason to have "just one or two" on the trail , or -god forbid -before. Sorry, I just do not get ANY counter argument on this.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the biggest bunch of bull **** I've ever seen! For starters lack of coordination & slow reaction time that makes drunks dangerous...ditto for pot smokers, and not getting ripped..give me a break, it's quite the opposite, guys can have a beer or two, not very often you see someone have 1 hit off a joint, they are loaded every time they lite up. I know people that smoke pot think it's acceptable to drive when stoned but they are dead wrong. I haven't smoked pot in ALOT of years but smoked my fair share when I was young.

fact is smoking a joint vs drunk assholes at the cabin. Drunk is worse. I don't ride drunk or rip around with a bong in the pocket. But one or two puffs at the gas drop on the way down is no different than a ( beer or two). Personally I ride to smash pow not party. That's why I stay away from areas with warm up cabins.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone actually approached the local grid road cowboys (RCMP for the folks that didn't grow up in Saskatchewan) and request some presence? We all hate to see them around for various reasons but lets face it situations like this us as responsible sledders maybe required to sacrific a little freedom for the sake of our safety and the sport. Drugs or alcohol, under the influence is under the influence and any vices are best left to the post sled adventures back at where ever. I travel a long way to go to a certain area to sled with a certain few just to avoid these situations. I'd love to hit Valemount or Golden as they are a lot closer but the last couple of years the idiots have been mulitplying like gremlins getting wet. They do that on the hill imagine what is happening on the highway going to the sled destination.

Long story short, you see you own it. Try and create change or you are just as at fault.

Top Bottom