Something needs to change!!!

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What if you seen someone have 2-3 beers then get in their car and drive!! Your telling us you wouldn't have a problem with that!! The same with sledding, people see drinking and riding on the mountain, and are expressing their concerns about it. So I don't see the need to call people whining pussies, when they are only concerned about their well being.
I apologize for calling people whining pussies, was a bit stronger language than necessary. I don't believe it is as bad as some say it is out there and think the issue may be a bit overblown. Just my opinion.

Poo time

Reaction score
I personally thankyou for your apology. It takes a good person to do that. I have had both family and friends killed and some disabled for life due to drinking and driving. Some of them were car/truck and few others were sleds and quads.

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally thankyou for your apology. It takes a good person to do that. I have had both family and friends killed and some disabled for life due to drinking and driving. Some of them were car/truck and few others were sleds and quads.

Yes I agree it is hard to swallow when you have family/ friends killed at the age of 15-16 from drunk drivers. It is sad because they have not lived a full life because of some bad choices!!

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding out of bounds?

Not much different than people riding out of bounds. The only way to change it is to have heavy enforcement. Which means huge financial costs for club or the fuzz have to get into the business of patrolling the hills.

In other words nothing will change, and we can continue wringing our hands and venting to whoever will listen.

Rather like politics and policing in general, actually.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I witnessed this first hand this weekend. We were out riding in clemina this past weekend and I watched a guy climbing hill climb alley before he stopped at the base for a mountain cold Canadian. I imeadiatly got his info and tried to get his vin while we bs'd. Next thing I know, that delicious Canadian was gone and he was back to climbing with his skis hanging in the air as his sled drunkenly veered from left to right as he made his way up the hill. Imeadiatly I used my sat phone and called the rc's to let them no I not only saw someone drinking a delicious mountain fresh Canadian...... But I also witnessed them stunting on the hill!!!

long story short, I followed him back to the lot and loaded up the sleds. 2 mins away from the lot, cherries are lighting us up.

my buddy is baffled like wtf... What is wrong???

in the end we both blew under the limit, but I'll tell you that I am sure he learned his lesson!

he will be stopped in the trees from now on! Lol

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about sleds left on the hill? Found ANOTHER sled today! RCMP does not have anything to do with them if they are not stolen...can not blame anyone if they are not registered....club cannot claim them (they are junk anyway)....yet we have to pay to remove them to keep sledding areas open for the people who continue to do this?

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about posting a classified, you haul it out it is yours kind of deal?

I am only teasing, and trying to allow a breath of fresh air to this topic. I can understand the extreme cases... But the hills are not filled with these wild and crazys I have been reading about (in my opinion)

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, I was thinking the same and I was even going to say so... But I figured I had better not wear out my welcome.

Top Bottom