Somebody Cry Wolf ??

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
This Wolf was shot over a bear bait Near Edson, Ab. Last Week. So my e-mail says.

Attachments

• bigbadwolf.jpg
    bigbadwolf.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 73

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that there has never been a fatal wolf attack on humans recorded in Canada.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've lived in northern BC and the Yukon all my life, 40 plus years:d. I've hunted, camped and fished most of those years and never had any problems with wolves. I've had them all around me while calling elk during the rut, once they got wind of me and figured out what I was they disappeared. This is only one of many encounters. This said though there will always be exceptions, they are an extremely intelligent animal and I believe if they were starving or sick may try to attack. Just my observation and 2 cents.

Cheers;
Shane

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will never understand the need for man to kill a wolf or any other creature that you would not eat.

I would agree with this. I also have issues with people who set out bear bait in order to 'hunt' them.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Nice animal, too bad it was shot! I've hunted for years and have never had a problem with them either. :confused:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand that there are alot of people who veiw this as bad but try to look at it from the farmer/ranchers position. The guy who loses his cattle/horses dogs other livestock or pets to these animals like wolves and coyotes. With lack of managing they would takeover and eventually be starving wich would then turn to shorter/lack of hunting seasons, animals moving into urban areas and preying on our children. and pets. And eventually a mass culling of these animals. I remember years ago you never saw a wolf while hunting or out in the wilderness. Now you see them often and see the damage they do to domesticated animals. I am not saying kill them all but lets not bash on the guy who took this one as a trophy GOOD FOR HIM. It will look nice on the trophy wall.:rant: just my :twocents:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
The predator population has exploded over the last five or six years. I'm seeing wolves and coyotes way more often then ever before in the bush. Cougars are another species that are in no danger of becoming extinct any time soon.
Most of the land in the west country, foothills of Alberta, is regestered to a trapper and is actively harvested every year for fur. You can't denie these people a living. Its just the way it is.
Every chance I get I'll snap a few nice still photographs of a wolf or coyote for the album, wild natures nice, then I chamber a round :eek:

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wolf numbers are waaaay up, in AB. Eat 'em or not, there has to be some population/predetor control to keep nature in balance. Its been this way for many years.

trust me rubirose, I have hunted all my life, and I have never seen the wolves/cougars/coyote on the rise, as I have in the last..... say 5-8yrs.

It has to be done.... and if it aint gonna be you....... it'll sure as hell be me.....:cool:

Top Bottom