Some Advice on my 2013 Maverick XRS

Gsxrgrizz

Reaction score
Would that be JB weld??? Would that be strong enough?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Gsxrgrizz

Reaction score
I was thinking about tack welding it but if JB weld would work that my be easier

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about tack welding it but if JB weld would work that my be easier

Don't jb weld anything! That sh!t should be illegal lol! All that stuff does is make it hard for a welder to fix it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or use a pound in zerk no threads required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gsxrgrizz

Reaction score
Due to where it's located it would be very hard to tap it to the next size as that was my first thought but I may have to end up doing that.

I've never heard of a pound in zerk but that's almost what I have now lol!!!!!

As for tacking it on....do you think it might wreck it or will it be easy and be fine!!!

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have aftermarket A arms... the zerks can strip out... i used JB Weld to keep all mine in ... clean area well ... ruff it up around hole and clean all grease around hole and the hole part where the threads would be to screw it in... did mine that way and there still good after 3 years

you got your clutch wet and dirty probably... cover got to come off and clutches have to be taken off and cleaned properly by taking them a part... plus your one way bearing has to be serviced now too...

Gsxrgrizz

Reaction score
Ok, so I was taking another look at the zerk now that I had a few more moments to myself and noticed that it is actually mounted completely on top of and inside of a plastic square bracket type setup attached to the sway bar!!!! I think if I just remove the one large bolt and drop the shackle to the control arms its attached to I should, in theory, just be able to either replace the entire part with the zerk or plastic weld it in place!!! I took a few pics of the sway bar so it would make more sense. Am I on the right track???

The local dealer just said I would have to bring it so they can look at it....of course I'm sure I would also have to pay a small diagnostic fee!!!! Any ideas on whether or not I am on the right track or what the part number may be????

Last edited:

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at your pic it looks like you could just replace that plastic piece. Or like you said plastic weld it. It's worth a shot anyways cause if it doesn't work you didn't really lose anything in trying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gsxrgrizz

Reaction score
Thanks guys.....I'm going to call BRP Canada first to see if they will fix it under warranty but, if they won't cover it, I'm trying to come up with ideas on what I'm going to do. Does anyone know if they make an aftermarket metal version of the bracket....it blows my mind that they use plastic in anything having to do with suspension never mind something that will be used off road!!!

Top Bottom