So which one to choose rzr or canam?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen the wildcat as well. I would say it is a much more DUNE oriented machine than the rzr 900. Same width ,but MUCH longer wheelbase to help in the whoops. Almost as long as a RZR 4,in fact. It is not nearly as fast as a 900 xp,and is limited due to the wet clutch belt system............I hear it has wicked good suspension though. As the OP asked about reliability, i think it would be tough to comment on the wildcat,seeing as none are out there yet.
It is worth noting though ,that the thundercat 1000 has a much less than stellar reliability history and much of the dna from it ,has made it`s way into the wildcat.The prowler 1000 (sport utility ??) seemed to of dropped of the face of the earth, yet sales of the comparable stats wise commander have been very stong....................

Last edited:

inside

Reaction score
Well the old man got a rzr s orange madness today. Went for a little tear tonight and got to say kinda like it. In the words of my brother it is fawking sweet. Fit and finish is nice and seems to be a nice unit. Have more updates in the days to come. I will probably buy a can am myself so we will compare. For being a doo guy I will have to say after 6k I think it is all right.

MHC73

Reaction score
No matter what Commander you buy you'll love. With my XT I have had great luck and 740 km with no issues. I like the electronic gizmo's and d.e.s.s. system Can Am uses. Good amount of power but this 1000 is restricted. I think there is a huge power gain coming if someone can crack the Can Am ECU. I ve been thinking about selling mine for the Limited or hopefully the 2013 Pure Sport. Well see... Good luck on your purchase. If you have any questions send me a pm.

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
Gratz on your purchase. I am a HUGE can-am fan. But i sold my outty and went with a 2012 rzr-sle orange madness as well. I wanted the sport aspect. I dont need utility. And the speed of the 800 rzr is plenty. I do miss the outty for power but not a big deal. I love my rzr and have had no issues (knock on wood). I also bought the rzr s-le because it saved me about 3-4000 on price. But keep in mind. Accessories are crazy for these things. I have now spent over 4000 in accessories and still want to spend another 1000. LolHave funStiff

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can Am: large cab+, big cargo+, performance better than most?. RZR: tight cab?, power+, suspension and handling+.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 1100 miles on my orange madness. All winter miles flat out to the floor. I have had no issues at all (surprisingly). One wheel bearing has some play. In its defense i drive the snot outa it It's a awesome machine and crazy fast. Especially with studded tires on tight frozen trails. I had a kawi terex before and would never get another utility style machine again. Unless it's for work/farming. My brother also has a xp. 750 miles on his. He had a diff oil leak. If your desire is sport rides. Xp all the way. Can't give you any feed back on the commander cause Ive never rode with one.

Top Bottom