so i have to ask....why dont some people run tarps...?

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wash my tarpped sled, trailer and truck as soon as I hit town . First stop. Unless its dry and clean . Nothing worse then getting salt, sand and muck on my riding gear when unloading .

Excuse my ignorance but wouldnt that create a good amount of ice on the sled for the morning ride?

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tisk tisk tisk. Time to wear the egg on my face i guess. FAWK A TARP! I hate it, tugging and pulling on it while you almost fall off the damn deck. Getting all the salt n wet greenish yellow road cum staining my hoodie an jeans, one yank the wrong way and riiiiiiiiiiiip that corner is done.:mad: Throw it in the box of the truck. End of day pull it out and its still all salty and wet and now your sled is all clean with fresh snow an looking pretty. Fawk the cover, look at my wrap! hahaha jk. Guess i'm the odd guy out, don't buy my salty chit. I wash and take good care of my stuff but that doesn't seem good enough haha. but I only make it to the hills 5-6 times a year, rest is local riding. Jack ya rig up and smack some 38's and 14 wides on er and she'll be so high the salt won't get up there...:d ya'll are a lot smarter then this chump tho. I am selling my so called "brodozer" diesel and might buy a smaller used enclosed if i save enough money...but ill never buy a mo fawkn tarp again....unless it's free with new sled and only for resale purpose. Hope to see some of ya at MM, then ya can make fun of my ol beater salty doo:beer:

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 5 place enclosed and a 2 place open.... if I am just taking the boy to the lake for the weekend you can be almost certain that I am taking the open. The enclosed is nice when you need it, but until this year I had 2 different enclosed trailers, a sled deck and an open trailer to use dependant on the party sledding and the conditions. At some point the giant fuel pig behind you just ends up being just that..... lol. I love my enclosed, but I also love my open. I actually love my open more than my deck because tarping and superclamping is much easier on the ground rather then bent in half 9’ above the ground on a 6” piece of deck lmfao.

Why not just use an enclosed trailer?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer gave me a new tarp when I bought my 18 summit. He said it a a ROC tarp, I didn't ask wtf is ROC just put it on and left. Found out now it's a ride on cover, it's friggin awesome. Put it on the sled before loading, open up the flap to get to the bars and braaap up on the deck. Easy.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer gave me a new tarp when I bought my 18 summit. He said it a a ROC tarp, I didn't ask wtf is ROC just put it on and left. Found out now it's a ride on cover, it's friggin awesome. Put it on the sled before loading, open up the flap to get to the bars and braaap up on the deck. Easy.

When Dave norona pitched that tarp last year I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. Then I tried one. Sold!! Especially with sled decks. Because sled decks suck

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Has anybody taken there polaris or cat tarp to a tailor and had a zipper put on like the doo tarps so you can tarp on the ground and ride up on to a deck? I'm thinking of trying it

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering why no tarps when I was headed home from Sicamous after Xmas as well. I was absolutely shocked actually. Years ago I went and picked up a 2003 Vertical Escape 159 that had "ceramic coated" twin pipes. Upon inspection what should have been nice twin pipes were all peeling and rusting; as well as everything else under the hood oxidized and gross. I ended up sanding down the pipes and repainting them, and spending hours cleaning up the whole engine and clutches etc. Good thing was I got a great deal on the sled due to the condition it was in from it being hauled around without a cover for 2 years. Salt damage really is something that can't be reversed. Insane to me to have a $90,000 truck with $40,000 in sleds up on the deck, and not put out the $600 for a couple covers.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should all set up a check after the police check stops? Then all the brain dead ones with no tarps could have their knees taken out and a good old beat down so you can feel better about yourselves while you drive the rest of the way home! Hey and while your at it if there are any half tons on the road these guys could also be beaten, videoed and publicly shamed. Post it all on social media too so we all know that you social justice warriors have cleaned up our sport. Good god guys give it a break and go ride!

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thunderstruck crew prefer's to do the backing up at the end of the day haha

Remember that one time I was backing up my 40ft down that crazy logging road and she got away from me?? Haha we ended up in the weeds real bad! We broke the driveshaft trying to get it out, then had to get the cat to come down and pull us out. That was the first and last time I did that. Decks only for me now

Side note, GM covered the driveshaft on warranty LMAO

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember that one time I was backing up my 40ft down that crazy logging road and she got away from me?? Haha we ended up in the weeds real bad! We broke the driveshaft trying to get it out, then had to get the cat to come down and pull us out. That was the first and last time I did that. Decks only for me now

Side note, GM covered the driveshaft on warranty LMAO

Yeah I remember that time. haha Some times the adventure is just getting to the staging spot.

:beer:

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have never been able to afford new sled or truck or go to mountians.but always manage to have a old sled to ride. and when we haul to near by towns for poker ralleys ,we always throw a blanket on the sled and a travel cover with more straps than carter has pills. to me a $1000 sled is like a $20,000 one to most of you. but im still riding at 66. and wife started again at 67 on the sled we bought in 81.we sold it 1990 . she found it last yr on facebook buy and sell. after buying about 6 newer ones she never liked. shes back on the 78 she started out on in 81. i just need to find small travel cover for it now. here she is. happier than a pig in chit.

Attachments

• Huestis forest tea break 2.jpg
    Huestis forest tea break 2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My F350 has the entire front end covered in 3M, installed fender flares to save my wheel wells, get a new windshield annually as i don't like pitting, have a little brush i use in the staging area to sweep out the little stones off my floor matts.. OCD..
I'd be the guy that has 2 maybe 3 new sleds on the deck rollin Rogers Pass tarpless. Got a couple ROC covers still in boxes out in my Trails West enclosed too..
Doesn't bother me at all either for some reason..

Rat bag the quads, bikes, SXS I guess and the Hotsy looks after it..

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My F350 has the entire front end covered in 3M, installed fender flares to save my wheel wells, get a new windshield annually as i don't like pitting, have a little brush i use in the staging area to sweep out the little stones off my floor matts.. OCD..
I'd be the guy that has 2 maybe 3 new sleds on the deck rollin Rogers Pass tarpless. Got a couple ROC covers still in boxes out in my Trails West enclosed too..
Doesn't bother me at all either for some reason..

Rat bag the quads, bikes, SXS I guess and the Hotsy looks after it..

3m is a good idea. I have fender flairs, but I think they trap dirt behind them.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
What if they are also wearing white Oakleys? Break some fingers also?
Maybe you should all set up a check after the police check stops? Then all the brain dead ones with no tarps could have their knees taken out and a good old beat down so you can feel better about yourselves while you drive the rest of the way home! Hey and while your at it if there are any half tons on the road these guys could also be beaten, videoed and publicly shamed. Post it all on social media too so we all know that you social justice warriors have cleaned up our sport. Good god guys give it a break and go ride!

Top Bottom