so i have to ask....why dont some people run tarps...?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I've been that guy broke down in Robson pass with no cell service and a busted belt tensioner hitch hiking to McBride to borrow a car and pick up parts for a roadside repair - but I see just as many late model trucks broke down as older ones.

I tarp for the trip to & from the hills but rarely from the staging area to town and back - my Axys didn't come with a tarp and it was the first thing I bought

well maybe you would get that 5k your asking anyways lol

but really its not just the resale of the sled its the damage and possibility of being stranded in the backcountry from something that could be prevented. take care of your stuff and it will take care of you is my opinion. Sure some will beat the Pizz out of their machines no tarp no maintenance and it will go forever. But thats not always the way the cookie crumbles.

In regards to driving fancy trucks on those roads. Might seem ridiculous but the last thing anyone wants to be is stranded in the rogers pass with some old beater lol. Trucks are built for crappy roads and the best you can do is wash it and take care of it and it will last. Not much you can do about that one. My truck was nice and new at one point. Im over 400k now from roadtrips from edmonton to sicamous and edmonton to valemount over the last couple years. Its still in very good shape from regular washes.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think trucks were really made for that kind of abuse. I'm looking into some fox shocks for the truck after coming through banff last week lol

and if you are going to be stuck in the Rodgers pass for 12 hours might as well have the massaging seat haha

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can belive how many guys are so worried about a sled and probably don't think twice about driving the Denali through the "road acid" daily lmao

Honestly, one of my favorite parts of riding Sicamous is the car wash. After traveling all day, it’s nice to pull into town, wash the whole rig and start the first riding day clean and fresh.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly, one of my favorite parts of riding Sicamous is the car wash. After traveling all day, it’s nice to pull into town, wash the whole rig and start the first riding day clean and fresh.

yeah first thing I do when I pull into town after a long drive is wash everything.

I used to tarp when I was a kid. I hated it lol

was stoked when dad bought a 4 place enclosed.

open trailers are geto.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which staging area...? Hahaha

See the road just behind my fire pit? That is the road I ride up from my driveway.

Only it looks a bit snowier today.

Attachments

• 2016-05-18 08.49.48-2.jpg
    2016-05-18 08.49.48-2.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 265
  • 2016-05-18 08.49.48-3.jpg
    2016-05-18 08.49.48-3.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
yeah first thing I do when I pull into town after a long drive is wash everything.

I used to tarp when I was a kid. I hated it lol

was stoked when dad bought a 4 place enclosed.

open trailers are geto.

Easy there buddy. Not all of us have storage space for an enclosed.
Been hauling on a Ghetto Trailer all my 20ish years of sledding.
Sleds are always covered.
I also drive a 2003 Dirtymax and my sleds are 2014....
I can whine with the best of them....lol

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can belive how many guys are so worried about a sled and probably don't think twice about driving the Denali through the "road acid" daily lmao
If I could tarp the truck I would, but that is what they were designed for or undercoat them. You can prevent the damage to a sled very easily. Not really a comparison.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy there buddy. Not all of us have storage space for an enclosed.
Been hauling on a Ghetto Trailer all my 20ish years of sledding.
Sleds are always covered.
I also drive a 2003 Dirtymax and my sleds are 2014....
I can whine with the best of them....lol

What ever works for you. I have one too and I hate it. Thats why the sled goes in the box...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I could tarp the truck I would, but that is what they were designed for or undercoat them. You can prevent the damage to a sled very easily. Not really a comparison.

Yeah I guess, I know im more worried about my truck in the mountains then my sled because it cost a lot more to fix or replace. Thats just me though.

Not sure why people care so much about what others do with there stuff in the first place. :confused:

Travco28

Reaction score
I wash my tarpped sled, trailer and truck as soon as I hit town . First stop. Unless its dry and clean . Nothing worse then getting salt, sand and muck on my riding gear when unloading .

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think leaving it sit in the sun does way more harm than the road grime.

That UV just kicks the chit out of EVERYTHING. Especially dash boards. Sucks the life right out.

I sprayed my factory cover with this stuff, I use it on all my toy covers. Works great on BBQ & Air Conditioner cover's too.

https://www.google.ca/aclk?sa=L&ai=...wiL_caK0vPmAhUoIDQIHRkAD1MQwg96BAgMEAs&adurl=

After putting the factory covers on I fold a big tarp over to double it up and cover the factory covers on the sleds (2) and ratchet strap the chit out of the blue tarp six ways to Sunday so wind has nowhere to go and it won't flap going down the road. I use at least 8 or 10 small ratchet straps. Pull the blue tarp when we get to where we're going and there's 2 like new factory covers all clean and dry under it. On a nice clean deck. The crap just falls off the tarp.

Sled denny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That UV just kicks the chit out of EVERYTHING. Especially dash boards. Sucks the life right out.

I sprayed my factory cover with this stuff, I use it on all my toy covers. Works great on BBQ & Air Conditioner cover's too.

https://www.google.ca/aclk?sa=L&ai=...wiL_caK0vPmAhUoIDQIHRkAD1MQwg96BAgMEAs&adurl=

After putting the factory covers on I fold a big tarp over to double it up and cover the factory covers on the sleds (2) and ratchet strap the chit out of the blue tarp six ways to Sunday so wind has nowhere to go and it won't flap going down the road. I use at least 8 or 10 small ratchet straps. Pull the blue tarp when we get to where we're going and there's 2 like new factory covers all clean and dry under it. On a nice clean deck. The crap just falls off the tarp.
what do you spray on your tarps

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Wow.... you take better care of your tarps than I do my sleds.....

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds are prized possessions guaranteed to give you good days. They must be worshipped. Kinda like my harley. I won’t ride it if it’s dusty. Lol I even wash it daily on big road trips. Some dudes don’t tarp. Some dudes don’t wash their bikes. Personally brake dust on a chrome wheel of a Harley makes me crazy. Road salt on sleds same thing. 😀

Top Bottom