so i have to ask....why dont some people run tarps...?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
coming back from revelstoke on the weekend and i couldn't believe how many BRAND new 2020 sleds i seen without covers. Completely caked in road grime as it was hovering around 0, snowing, and the plow trucks were hammering down the sand and salt.

Granted tarps are expensive and usually dont last more than a season or two... But have you ever had the hood off 2 same year sleds with similar miles one with a tarp and one without? its actually quite shocking. ill post a pic up later.

Electrical connections, sensors, throttle cables, clutch faces, exhuast components. They are all effected by road grime.

I just wonder what goes through someones head when they pick up a 20k machine and proceed to revelstoke through 800km of road grime thinking thats completely alright for the machine LOL?

I should have been paying more attention but i bet 12" lifts and white oakleys can be directly correlated to the lack of tarp use.

your investment, your choice. Just kind of boggles my mind a bit

Last edited:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL I was going to post this same thing!! The amount of sleds rolling around BC right now is ridiculous without covers! I don’t get it, only 1 in 10 sleds have covers and it used to be 1 out of every 10 didn’t have a cover. Look at me I have a 20K sled look at me I have a wrap and cheetah bars look at me

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL I was going to post this same thing!! The amount of sleds rolling around BC right now is ridiculous without covers! I don’t get it, only 1 in 10 sleds have covers and it used to be 1 out of every 10 didn’t have a cover. Look at me I have a 20K sled look at me I have a wrap and cheetah bars look at me

you can finance a tarp. everyone should have one. LMAO

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didnt you just have yours in your box? thats alot different its pretty well protected

Stays pretty clean back there. Ill put it this way cant even get 5g for a "well used" 17freeride. Last 400$ tarp I bought, lasted 1 trip.

I did probably 3g + in rock chips on the dodge in a week. Fuk the old sled lol

if I get a new expert, might look into a tarp haha

Last edited:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stays pretty clean back there. Ill put it this way cant even get 5g for a "well used" 17freeride. Last 400$ tarp I bought, lasted 1 trip.

I did probably 3g + in rock chips on the dodge in a week. Fuk the old sled lol

if I get a new expert, might look into a tarp haha

Dano, your situation is a little different, your sled is just in the back of your truck not getting completely covered in smagma and yes a little older and well used. Maxwell and I are talking about the guys rolling coal in the jacked up diesel with 2 brand new experts on the deck with 2” of road grime on the sled because they just tailgated a semi for the last 5kms

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dano, your situation is a little different, your sled is just in the back of your truck not getting completely covered in smagma and yes a little older and well used. Maxwell and I are talking about the guys rolling coal in the jacked up diesel with 2 brand new experts on the deck with 2” of road grime on the sled because they just tailgated a semi for the last 5kms

Some people have more money then they know what to do with I think. Im hoping to get there some day haha

longtrack 156

Reaction score
I hate covers, when I take the cover off I get road crap all over me, my solution, cheaper than a cover!!

P1010527aa.jpg

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People that do not use tarps are either lazy or seriously lacking in brains. Cat tarps last pretty much forever and the new Doo tarps are great also. Buddy has 3 season's on his current Doo tarp and it looks perfect. Even if you don't give a crap about the sled because you obviously have more $$ then brains, who wants to sit on a seat covered in salt and road slime? The bars and grips are slimy as well.

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always tarped when using my open trailer. Sure it gets messy but at least the crap don't get under the hood. One pain is trying to get the frozen slop cover back on the sled at the end of the day.
FWIW, I'm still using the Polaris snow-check cover that came with my first Poo in 2013. It's been pressure washed many times, even throw in the washing machine (when the wife's not home), and still in great condition. When installed properly, they don't rip and tear. I think leaving it sit in the sun does way more harm than the road grime.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People that do not use tarps are either lazy or seriously lacking in brains. Cat tarps last pretty much forever and the new Doo tarps are great also. Buddy has 3 season's on his current Doo tarp and it looks perfect. Even if you don't give a crap about the sled because you obviously have more $$ then brains, who wants to sit on a seat covered in salt and road slime? The bars and grips are slimy as well.

I'm just being lazy when I run without it.
90%of the time it's in the inclosed.
On my deck I tarp from home to the hill, but I'm too lazy to tarp from the hill to the room.

On my buddies deck. I dont tarp.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my tarp since 2015 when I bought my T3, and it’s now on my 850 Summit. It’s served me very well, but I try to keep it as tight as possible. I use tarp straps around the handle bars and each spindle to keep any fluttering down. Machine wash once or twice a season and it’s good to go.

Top Bottom