Snowmobile powder coating??

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i tried to use the snow and mud search engine but nothing came up so i am asking the s&m community about who does the best powder coating around the edmonton and area. and if anyone got powder coating done post pictures!

xp mountainrider

Reaction score
I don't have pics but I did have powder coating done at impact powder coating on 157 121 a ave in Edmonton. I was very happy with the work. It was on my new XM.

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have pics but I did have powder coating done at impact powder coating on 157 121 a ave in Edmonton. I was very happy with the work. It was on my new XM.
Thanks i have seen impacts work at sled shows and im impressed! What did you get done and what was the cost?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also had work done at impact, good service and quality, haven't looked else where. Don't remembering pricing. Seemed reasonable though.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to dean at the powder station they do awesome work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 204

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are north of edm Clark's coating is awesome in Westlock. He's very fussy about the product that goes out the door. If he's not happy he redoes it. I did a rev nun,the foot rests, belt guard and a bunch of other things and I think it was $80.

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are north of edm Clark's coating is awesome in Westlock. He's very fussy about the product that goes out the door. If he's not happy he redoes it. I did a rev nun,the foot rests, belt guard and a bunch of other things and I think it was $80.
Thanks for the recommendation ill check it out!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gunna have to agree with that!!! FKN AWESOME!

Supreme Electro Plating (0ff the yellow head and 127th) in Etwn did some work for my old 74 Nova project a few yrs back. But I have no pics handy. Looked like they did some nice legit work. "if they are still around" been a few yrs.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.supremeplating.com%2F&ei=eDXyUK_jCcW5igLb1IDoDQ&usg=AFQjCNEdmsAxJgVELUP7fq8FUySRkQK9AQ&sig2=f8p9ucsDPOzQeW8RmO4RXQ&bvm=bv.1357700187,d.cGE

Heard that shop may have burnt down though not sure
I will look into that

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just be sure to anodize any important parts rather than powdercoat. Things like rails i mean.

Powdercoating will cook the heat treatment out of any 6061 T6, or 7075 T6 aluminum. They will become soft andd weaker.

But dean at powder station gets me recommendation too.

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just be sure to anodize any important parts rather than powdercoat. Things like rails i mean.

Powdercoating will cook the heat treatment out of any 6061 T6, or 7075 T6 aluminum. They will become soft andd weaker.

But dean at powder station gets me recommendation too.
Thanks for your info!

hutch08

Reaction score
I personally get my work done by a friend that does it on the side out in St. Albert.He does great work and his prices are exceptional compared to most of the shops in Edmonton. Only drawback is his color selection, he can get anything... but he might have to order in anything outside the ordinary. He's got plenty of black though haha. His oven was long enough to do my frame for my chopper project.

His name is Andrew and you can check him out and see pics at www.krfabs.com

Word of advice, a friend had a lot of work done at Perfection Powdercoating in Edmonton.... was not overly impressed with the quality, and the prices were outrageous.

Don't forget powder goes on thick, so you'll have to let them know of any holes or surfaces that will need to be taped or plugged so the powder doesn't cause clearance issues.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom