Snowbunje

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to get one of these but I am not sure which one to get. I have used the rattler but never tried the cobra.

Seems like the cobra would be the way to go since it is tough enough for sled to sled pulls. Must be easy to use the same as the rattler but with out the comfort handle?

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to get one of these but I am not sure which one to get. I have used the rattler but never tried the cobra.

Seems like the cobra would be the way to go since it is tough enough for sled to sled pulls. Must be easy to use the same as the rattler but with out the comfort handle?

I have a cobra, ive only used it once. I'll sell it to ya if your interested

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use which ever has the two hooks on it. then i can use it for sled to sled or i can put the handle on it and pull on it myself. cut the wire loom off of it. makes it way smaller and easier to store. takes up less room.

Flyer

Reaction score
The cobra is a bit too stiff to be effective when used by hand, even though it comes with a wrist strap. Used mine lots when my son was learning to ride. It saves a lot of energy you'd otherwise spend pulling machines out by hand. Energy better used for riding.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started making mine tonight, but it is just the hand pull one. So far $23, just going to home depot tomorrow to get the shovel handle.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have a small one if someone would like to buy it. Don't use it anymore.

I now use a serpentine belt and it easily stores in the small cubby hole above the gauges. Works like a charm.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started using one of these climbing slings to hook onto the ski. Stores in your pocket and saves your back. Can be had at any hippie mountain climbing store.

Attachments

• climbing sling.jpg
    climbing sling.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 259

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the longer two hook one. I made a handle out of a piece of willow about 1.5" dia and 6-7" long and wrapped the supplied nylon handle around to hook it up, stored separately. I hook the bunje to my running board around the back to the other side for transport. Dont use it often but every once in a while it gets used.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one with 2 hooks is more useful. The short nylon strap that comes with it & your shovel handle works fine if you need a hand pull.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to buy my Cobra send me a pm, located in NW Calgary. You can likely buy it new at any dealership in Edmonton, just call ahead, shows $100 new online.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Cobra. On my second one now. Those things are great get a lot of use out of it.
The little hand strap isn't that bad to use either

McGrath

Supporting Vendor, Alberta Cycle
Reaction score
We have them at Alberta Cycle. Have no idea the price this time of
night though. Not expensive I know that much.

Last edited:

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had them both and find them very useful. Lost my hook to hook one and need to replace it but want to find a better storage solution first

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never regretted having one around at the end of the day when your having big stucks.

Top Bottom