Snowbike kit for my 2017 ktm300xcw

jaysrippen

Reaction score
Good day guys!
I'm think about installing a snowbike kit onto my 17 300xcw, I don't want to by another bike (even tho my first pic would be a big bore electric start fourstoke) Couple questions:\
Any insight into the new "inexpensive Camso DTS129?
Would the 2 stroke need a thermo Bob thermostat?
I wonder if theres any altitude compensators or smart jets for the new mikuni carb?
Really want something longer then the short track, wonder if the 300 will power a 129 or 137?

I have rode 2 timbersleds and had FUN! Other then ice ad Gravel=HORRIBLE. But was worth it.
thanks

Last edited:

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running the 2 stroke route aswell I have a 09 yz 250 with a 330 big bore and it does great I have the smart carb from technology Elevated. Defently worth the money no messing around with jets. I am running the 2015 137 lt timbersled and it works great has enough power I'm around 230lbs I enjoy the 2 stroke over the 4 stroke any day. Any questions just ask. I'd also run the avid carb heater. It comes with the thermostat

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was about to buy a couple new 450 4 strokes to run a Moto Trax, Yeti or CMX kit on.
But after talking to a few people I'm starting to think a 2 stroke maybe in our future instead.

calmac

Reaction score
I've only tried a Timbersled 120 and Yeti 120, 129, and 137. My favorite was the yeti 129, it was almost as nimble as the 120 but with extra flotation. The 120 yeti I tried was on a YZ 250 with a 300 big bore on it and was a blast to ride. I prefer riding a two stroke in the dirt and that bike had the qualities of being a little nimble bike like a two stroke is. Nice thing about the KTM two stroke over the YZ is electric start, a very nice feature to have on a snow bike. As far as carbs go look at replacing the Mikuni with a Lectron, you'll gain benefits year round from changing to that carb.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or .. you can leave your dirt bike alone, and buy my 2014 ktm 450 / yeti 129 fully setup for 15k ;)

Heck, a new yeti will cost you almost 12k after taxes !

yeti2.jpg

dualsportman

Reaction score
Good day guys!
I'm think about installing a snowbike kit onto my 17 300xcw, I don't want to by another bike (even tho my first pic would be a big bore electric start fourstoke) Couple questions:\
Any insight into the new "inexpensive Camso DTS129?
Would the 2 stroke need a thermo Bob thermostat?
I wonder if theres any altitude compensators or smart jets for the new mikuni carb?
Really want something longer then the short track, wonder if the 300 will power a 129 or 137?

I have rode 2 timbersleds and had FUN! Other then ice ad Gravel=HORRIBLE. But was worth it.
thanks

I have the exact same bike but in blue/white: Husqvarna te300 2017

I am considering the Mototrax or the Camso (cheaper and in Cdn pesos!)

Mototrax guys said that the 300 is good for the 129.... more than that???

Some guys suggest thermostat and carb heater... other don't....

Eric

Top Bottom