Dream snowbike

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well its summer, time to start next seasons dreaming.

I want to build a snowbike this fall. What's your dream bike/kit/accessories...

With the 2017 changes to KTM's enduro selection and the 500 being ALL new, I'm thinking of going with a WR450F and Yeti 129" kit. I know a thermo-bob, hand warmers, beefy hand guards, fuel jug are 100%, probably a padded seat too! What else guys, lets hear it!

I've heard "300 2-stroke and 120 kit" I've heard "500 4-stroke and 137 kit", whatcha got and why? Has anyone broken a Yeti tunnel or rails? I saw lots of repairs on the Timbersled rental rails. Is the new Yeti track going to be a game changer over 2016? What about the CAT? anyone see or hear anything new? Is going into the back country with only electric start crazy? even with lithium battery?

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Building a new kTM 450SXF I just got new from dealership. Sending it away for a 520 big bore, snow checked a timbersled 137", and putting a yeti ski on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Building a new kTM 450SXF I just got new from dealership. Sending it away for a 520 big bore, snow checked a timbersled 137", and putting a yeti ski on it.

Sounds like a wicked setup. No kick start? I was thinking a small booster pack might be enough? The Yeti ski sounds like a common upgrade. Why Timbersled over yeti? just wondering thanks!

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a wicked setup. No kick start? I was thinking a small booster pack might be enough? The Yeti ski sounds like a common upgrade. Why Timbersled over yeti? just wondering thanks!

I am probably gonna carry a small booster as well. I went timber cause price was right. And the one time I was actually able to compare yeti to timber it was very close. Seemed yeti had a lot softer paddle and could barely get going on and type of hill with hard pack. I may get a yeti eventually. But thinking the 520 and a 137" will do just fine against any yeti riders I go with.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 2017 yeti gets a new track from Camso with harder lugs I've read. Camso also worked with Cat on their skid and track too and supposedly have a bolt on system of their own coming out this season as well. CMX has a kit too with the raptor twin ski front end. Moto-trax seems to be making a name for themselves as well, any word or experiences boys?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 2017 yeti gets a new track from Camso with harder lugs I've read. Camso also worked with Cat on their skid and track too and supposedly have a bolt on system of their own coming out this season as well. CMX has a kit too with the raptor twin ski front end. Moto-trax seems to be making a name for themselves as well, any word or experiences boys?

Cmx looks nice and like the independent ski set up. But I have know idea what I am looking at as I haven't been on a snow bike. But it looks cool! Lol

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about waiting for the new 500 to start my build and then found a sweet deal on a un-used 2015 exc that i could ride now and not pray as hard for snow.

Also picked up a 2015 MH 120 kit to run come fall. Not sure what i'll do to the bike to prep it for snow as its stout machine the way it came. Maybe fork springs, grip heaters, temp gauge and a cushier seat haha.

Limbo

Reaction score
Billet Panthera Motorsports/Millar Racing electric start CR625 in a new KTM frame, 137 yeti. Gonna have to win the lottery to build it though :(

Last edited:

Reaction score
well its summer, time to start next seasons dreaming.

I want to build a snowbike this fall. What's your dream bike/kit/accessories...

With the 2017 changes to KTM's enduro selection and the 500 being ALL new, I'm thinking of going with a WR450F and Yeti 129" kit. I know a thermo-bob, hand warmers, beefy hand guards, fuel jug are 100%, probably a padded seat too! What else guys, lets hear it!

I've heard "300 2-stroke and 120 kit" I've heard "500 4-stroke and 137 kit", whatcha got and why? Has anyone broken a Yeti tunnel or rails? I saw lots of repairs on the Timbersled rental rails. Is the new Yeti track going to be a game changer over 2016? What about the CAT? anyone see or hear anything new? Is going into the back country with only electric start crazy? even with lithium battery?

you can always bump start a bike if you have a buddy and a tow rope.

1.5 seasons on my yeti tunnel and rails. they are still straight. the '16 track is the absolute best for deep deep snow. it works unreal. it does spin out in some scenarios though. it still hooks up on hardpack. if you get a surface thats baked in the sun and super hard, it will spin.

doing a bunch more engine work, probably the 3rd shock and that will be it on mine. if i was starting from scratch, no question i would get the '17 ktm/husky 300 and a 120 yeti.

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a 16 husky fe501s. It's not the perfect bike for snowbike but it's street legal. Plan to use it for biking in the mountains while camping during summer them big thumper snowbike.

The camso track kit is supposed to be available this fall. Going to try to get one to try out.

Plan to get rad braces, skid plate, hand guards. Heated grips. And look into the on the fly ecu map switch.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Billet Panthera Motorsports/Millar Racing electric start CR625 in a new KTM frame, 137 yeti. Gonna have to win the lottery to build it though :(

I am going to start a little less balls to wall.

I am doing a purpose build this year. CR500 engine with Panthera e-start. 2011 KTM frame. Lectron or Smartcarb. Likely hook it up to my TS 120 for this year.

2016 Yeti 120 kit going on my KTM 330.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked with Alberta Cycle, they are the Moto Trax dealer for Edmonton. pricing is pretty good. They only have one shock total though, in the rear of the skid...

ST 120 - 5200 +gst
LT 129-137 - 5900 +gst
MX129 - 6500 +gst (has piggy back shock)

Has anyone rode one or even seen one?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rep says with one shock and basically a coupled skid with "T-motion" it gives much more of a bike or wheel feel to it. not sure if its better or worse. There's a bunch of new Yeti videos for 2017 on youtube now. The first RRS video blew me away, 11 inches of "swingarm" travel plus all the skid travel/rebound. looks like it will soak up a lot!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the couple I've rode weren't fast and didn't really Wheelie but I was impressed time and time again. I think we are in for a treat with all the competition that's coming out!

Top Bottom