Dream snowbike

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
the couple I've rode weren't fast and didn't really Wheelie but I was impressed time and time again. I think we are in for a treat with all the competition that's coming out!

I agree on the wheely part. This is the next growth market. I'm still a sledding guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree on the wheely part. This is the next growth market. I'm still a sledding guy.

Yup. Going to be interesting. Lightening up the front end is easy - just play with the limiter strap on the TS. The old adjustable strut worked well for this. But think about it - the contact patch on a tire is about 4 inches to the dirt. You have say 100" on the ground a 120 snowbike kit. They are not going to wheelie. And if they did - you would have the thing come right back on you the first molehill you try to climb. I don't know many guys want to be able to stand their 154"XM vertical.....

They are not a sled. You have to take yourself out of that mindset. Although I can pretty much run with my old sledding buddies now (except on the big, big pulls), my nirvana moment came when I just started riding with other snowbikers. Met a couple of guys, and one of my buds sold a sled to buy a bike late last year. I did more riding (and had wayyyy more fun) in March\April of last year than I did in the previous year riding with sleds, and the couple of years before that with just a sled.

Just a couple of examples maybe will explain the differences.

I have a place up in Silver Star, BC for skiing. There are some decent snowmobile trails in the provincial park - but just that. Lots of gullys and trees, but way too tight and steep for a sled in most areas. I have tried for years to try to have some fun off trail there - but just not great. And I am no slouch in the trees on a sled. Snowbike - suddenly I have 2,000 acres of playground I can get to 1 km away from my house. It is almost perfect snowbike terrain - and a lot of times I can ride the gnarliest and funnest stuff in waist deep fresh, and not be more than 100 feet from a groomed trail.

Hunters Range. I started sledding at Hunter's Range, took all my kids there and still love it. LOve the club and the people. But it was getting to be a race to the back bowls before they got tracked up, or else if you weren't there first think in the am the meadows were all tracked up, etc. Last year my bud and I split west going up Brash just at the first clearcut. We took the long way around. this was 10am in the morning. We had fresh snow all day, found some amazing places that you would never get into on a sled and basically had one of the best days I have had in the mtns. We came out of the trees just west of the first radio tower at 5:30pm and had just enough gas left to get to the truck. On a sled, it would have been another 30KMs from there before I would consider starting to ride. That was my experience all of last year. Would barely make the cabin at Owlshead because you were just wore out from playing in the fresh snow. Never really sledded at Queest before because it was never considered "challenging " enough on a sled. It is a snowbike paradise. Revy - went there first time in a long time last year. Fresh snow all day and never made the cabin....

Now - I got into sledding in my late 30's. Until the REV platform came along, I did not enjoy them. Spent most of my mis-spent youth on a motocross bike. After my first ride on a snowbike I sold all 6 sled I had within 3 months. It is dirt biking without being restricted by a track or a trail. If you have always been a sled guy - I can see for some where they are not the be all.

And I have been shocked by the number of 50 - 60 year old riders. I thought this would be a young guy's sport. It is exactly the opposite. A lot older guys I have met have said that it has extended their riding years substantially. My 74 year old father rode one and had a ball. He is in for this winter after being off sleds for 10 years. My wife is wayyyy happier now that I am largely riding in terrain that has much lower avy risk. I generally save 2 hours of riding by it not taking an hour to get to the alpine and then back out. Just little stuff like that...

The first manufacturer - bike or sled - that comes out with a purpose built machine is going to make a killing. It will be like the REV platform was for snowmobiles. A total game changer.

Last edited:

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that is pretty much the same thing as arctic cat kit is.

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quit it guys im getting crazy pumped but still have a few dirtybike rides this year haha

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rapid revolutions in Edmonton is a dealer for camso. Demo kit should arrive early November.

The first year of camso retail is around $5200. Need to get final pricing still.

Clay911

Reaction score
you pretty much summed up EXACTLY how our entire riding group feels. We had 6 of us switch from sleds last year and in one day had more fun then last 2 years on sleds.

I also used to ride TIGHT trees that most could not get into with sleds. Now with a Snowbike i only go a few km up some trails and ride fresh snow all day and never even make it half way in elevation up the mountain

I dont miss the sled one bit, no matter what the snow conditions.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I have been shocked by the number of 50 - 60 year old riders. I thought this would be a young guy's sport. It is exactly the opposite. A lot older guys I have met have said that it has extended their riding years substantially. My 74 year old father rode one and had a ball. He is in for this winter after being off sleds for 10 years.

I'm one of those 60 year old guys. My sledding the last few years had been getting less and less, because quite honestly.....it was hurting me. Bought a snowbike last season and I couldn't be happier. So easy to ride. Ride all day and don't come home crippled up. It's awesome!

Husaberg76

Reaction score
1c5bd244d5ad104a8b54132cc957d765.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One is mine and two are a buddies. Mine is non current new, great price. Not sure on other two. Yeti shop would make all of us envious!

Top Bottom