Snowandmud ATV Trail requires some assistance.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey guys,

As the title states, we are looking for some assistance probably on Sunday of the long weekend in the Rocky/South Fork Area.

Mother nature has taken her toll on parts of our trail and they need some work. We will be making some 12' boardwalk style bridge sections to bring down with us this weekend and we will need some assistance putting them in place. We will go out on Saturday and do the prep work ourselves, and on Sunday we would like to set these things in place.

There are 2 key places that this needs to happen in. The first is near the Strachan gas plant, and the other if you have ridden our trail is right by the road as you come up the trail, our bridge was actually washed out here.

If anyone is available to help please post here ASAP. If you help out we will put your name into our "volunteer apprecation draw" worth over $200.

Thanks everyone.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering if free beer is involved, could have a heap of helpers real quick.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are going to be a bit west of you, can not promise anything, but will see, what time on sunday, and what supplies etc. will we need.

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks to Storm1972, Arff, Murminator, SledderGlen & BackseatRider, PowderGirl, and myself we'll get this done.

Larry I'll PM you my cell number, not 100% sure of times yet but can let you know.

SledderGlen & PDQ went and picked up the lumber last night, I couldn't get across the city to sherwood park to assist.
I can only imagine the looks they got when they asked for 50 2x6x12's and 13 4x6x12's..... not common materials for a project.

We'll be assembling the sections tonight and I'll make sure to post photo's up tomorrow of the progress.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am already out here ready to go.
Tyler you know the spot we are at.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well folks, last night Sledderglen, Murminator, PowderGirl and myself got the bridge sections built and loaded onto the trailer to head down to Outwest.

I think these will work really well and if they survive the Jamboree we're going to pull them out, tweak them a bit, and etch them somehow with "Snowandmud.com" on them.

Here are some photo's

The first section partially built.

SNM-Bridges-5.jpg

The First Section Completed.

SNM-Bridges-4.jpg

Murminator shows up, says, why not build them 12' wide and just cut in half...... That's why we pay him the big bucks

SNM-Bridges-3.jpg

Trailer loaded with 3 out of 5 of the sections

SNM-Bridges-2.jpg

Trailer with 4/5 sections, 2 with sides.

SNM-Bridges-1.jpg

Heading back out there tonight to load 2 of those 5 onto Sledderglens truck and tie it all down/secure it for the trip to Outwest tomorrow night.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
How you getting them bad boys out to the crossins

we'll take them as close as we can by truck, then skid them in behind a quad. They are heavy beasts Larry, I'm not gonna lie! But they will do the job just fine!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No question on construction, just how to move emm, looks good n heavy, what ya need alright. Doing this sunday?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
No question on construction, just how to move emm, looks good n heavy, what ya need alright. Doing this sunday?

prepping Saturday, installing Sunday..... going to be hot weekend......

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have lots of cable and a snack block we can rig up.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't suppose any one has a couple of old 20 inch front bike tires? a couple of lag bolts and you could move them a little easier.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Nice trailer.
Well folks, last night Sledderglen, Murminator, PowderGirl and myself got the bridge sections built and loaded onto the trailer to head down to Outwest.

I think these will work really well and if they survive the Jamboree we're going to pull them out, tweak them a bit, and etch them somehow with "Snowandmud.com" on them.

Here are some photo's

The first section partially built.

View attachment 157226

The First Section Completed.

View attachment 157227

Murminator shows up, says, why not build them 12' wide and just cut in half...... That's why we pay him the big bucks

View attachment 157228

Trailer loaded with 3 out of 5 of the sections

View attachment 157229

Trailer with 4/5 sections, 2 with sides.

View attachment 157230

Heading back out there tonight to load 2 of those 5 onto Sledderglens truck and tie it all down/secure it for the trip to Outwest tomorrow night.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good idea, they will be a beotch to drag, will be to late for me to look.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't suppose any one has a couple of old 20 inch front bike tires? a couple of lag bolts and you could move them a little easier.

you know Kelly I never even thought about that..... I know I don't anymore, Dad threw all the old Bicycles in a dumpster about 8 yrs ago. Good thinking!

Top Bottom