snow

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
I'm not going to say a whole lot because I haven't seen it personally or with a measuring stick, but there's always that one guy that says "man, it was like 3 ft of fresh!" when in reality it snowed about a foot overnight
When all was done, actual snowfall measurement was 38 inches here in town with some drifts closer to four feet. We were without power for 32 hours in temps that got down past -30. I cant even begin to tell you how thankful I am for my wood fireplace, our generator, friends that delivered extra fuel to us, and last but not least, hubby "bbtoys" who has worked his tail off for long hours the last three days doing snow removal. Still more people further out of town to dig out so he will be out there a couple more days.

On a happier note - in lieu of all this snow, Hotrod can now go out and start building the groomed trails. He thinks he will have them done for next weekend.

Last edited:

8hundyx

Reaction score
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Some pics of us breaking trail to Belle on Saturday morning. Great day to ride. Some areas well over four to six foot drifts. Will post a video of the Lil Bell fields. Just two of us from 10 til afternoon then had a few groups show up and at 3pm Had another group heading up on our descent.
The cabins LPG line to the regulator for the furnace is cracked and leaking and needs to be replaced. I can make a new one at my shop and can donate it with new coupler. Problem is I wont be back til Friday. Let me know if it still needs it Thursday and I will run it up and install (Have my ticket for LPG Gas etc)

jonw

Reaction score
Rode Lucille today snow was awesome! Definitely more than renshaw and wasnt windblown. Everything around the cabin was tracked out from Friday but as soon as we got into the main bowl there was almost no tracks so it made for a good day! Trail is whooped out but is in great shape with lots of snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got home around noon today, Thanks Judy for the Hospitality as always top notch.

I'm gonna guess 2ft of a base but defiantly a good start to the season. Played in a 2-3ft Powder all weekend. Cold temps all weekend. I would say one good dump will fill in the creeks and cover up any mines that are lurking under the snow. We probed 120cm in one spot, only one placed probed.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
four feet in town is a bit of a stretch

Ya 4' is a stretch for sure, maybe alpine 4' but town got maybe 2.5-3', still deeper in town than ive ever seen, best riding looks to be in the fields before the lucille parking lot lol

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya 4' is a stretch for sure, maybe alpine 4' but town got maybe 2.5-3', still deeper in town than ive ever seen, best riding looks to be in the fields before the lucille parking lot lol

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

Alright so 4 feet in town was stretch, its early season can you blame me for getting excited? Here is a couple pictures from this weekend. More to come

Attachments

• IMG_3447[1].jpg
    IMG_3447[1].jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 745
  • IMG_3445[1].jpg
    IMG_3445[1].jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 748

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 179150View attachment 179151View attachment 179152View attachment 179153View attachment 179154View attachment 179155

Some pics of us breaking trail to Belle on Saturday morning. Great day to ride. Some areas well over four to six
foot drifts. Will post a video of the Lil Bell fields. Just two of us from 10 til afternoon then had a few groups show up and at 3pm Had another group heading up on our descent.
The cabins LPG line to the regulator for the furnace is cracked and leaking and needs to be replaced. I can make a new one at my shop and can donate it with new coupler. Problem is I wont be back til Friday. Let me know if it still needs it Thursday and I will run it up and install (Have my ticket for LPG Gas etc)

you're a class act man....thank you!

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_3743.jpg Was up at renshaw and Bell this past weekend, the snow that fell made it super fun both days, nearly 3 ft in town, less snow fell in renshaw than it did at bell though. About 7 sleds left renshaw on sSaturdaywith busted a arms so still lots of hidden rocks. Bell seemed to have a better base aswell. Heading back that direction on the weekend of dec 12th, but trying out valemount this time. Keep praying for snow and doing the snow dance!!

pistnbroke

Reaction score
Heading from sask to mcbride, leaving friday am. Any one ride renshaw/bell/lucille this last weekend (dec 6th 7th)?? Wondering how the conditions were. Supposed to be some new snow mid week but still would like to know how things are setteling out. Thanks in advance

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in belle on Saturday, starting to be pretty tracked out in the main areas, went into the burn and was breaking trail and new lines all day.

pistnbroke

Reaction score
Thanks, hopefully the mild temps dont mess with the good conditions. Either way it will be nice to get out and ride. Any word on renshaw and lucille would also be apprecited. Heard renshaw was pretty thin and collecting a few A arms.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea id like an update as well of the snow conditions up there. theres a group of us coming in on the 12th . the forcast says its supposed to start snowing on Tuesday and stop on sat.

Dustylane

Reaction score
We were up on Renshaw on the 4th and 5th, went back over the saddle and came back over the notch, it was all tracked out by the cabin and powder central in the back, we did our best to soak in all the powder. The notch has alot of landmines poking through everywhere, definetly need at least 3-4 feet to cover them up.

The Snowman

Reaction score
Rode Renshaw Dec 6, weather was socked in and almost spring like with rain in the bottom and heavy wet snow up top, Visibility was to ****ty to go to far back, and snow was too thin to make me want to try to much, lots of exposed rock or rock with only 4-6" on it. The trail down saturday night looked like an episode of highway through hell, with all the bent & broken sleds getting towed down, guys with dislocated shoulders and another with a broken collar bone. like mentioned above, needs another 3-4 feet. Rode bell on Sunday for a half day and it was better for sure, found some pretty good snow but by the end of the day alot of the area was tore up. All in all an average earlier season ride.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so is it worth going this weekend? it supposed to snow on wed to friday and clear up on the weekend. how about the trees? can a guy spend the day in there?

Dustylane

Reaction score
If you can make it in the back of Renshaw its worth it but around the cabin its all tracked out, Good luck if you do go and be safe

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hoping the snow that supposed to fall is going to give some decent coverage up top...... this season if off to a terrible start.

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Mcbride right now and honestly unless it gets another massive dump. The conditions have gone to crap. Worst ive ever seen. It was straight up raining at the cabin in renshaw yesterday was plus 8 and is still raining here. We also rode blue river and the conditions there weren't any better. The rain and hurricane winds over the last 3 days is just destroying the snow that's there. But on a good note sled is pretty much broke in and after 6 rides she is still intact with no carnage!!

Top Bottom