Snow Conditions in Smithers, 2010-11

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA.... I think the last time I saw him he was digging himself out of a tree well.... but we all know that feeling. My motto has always been... "if your not getting stuck your not trying hard enough"

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow in sept!! .jpg UNBELIEVABLE!!! Snow on Sept. 26th.... looks like another early season coming!

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm in for the first weekend in november, maybe this year i will catch up with the smithers crew.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you might be the only one out but keep checking in for updates.

Well??!?! Judging by previous weather forecasts, it looks like you guys should have some deep stuff to play in ???

How icy is the trail going into the Onion??

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P1080040.JPG Snow conditions are fantastic right now... we were up the Microwave sunday and it was DEEP!!! ... a bit of a stuck fest.... Sinclair has to be broken in again... 2 failed attempts so far.... we are going up the Onion tomorrow to check it out, but I expect there is less snow there then on the Telkwa river side.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went up the Onion yesterday..... there wasn't near as much snow there as there is on the Telkwa river side..... maybe 8 - 10" on a wind blow base. The weather and company was great so that made up for it. I would put up a pic but for some reason it's not working.... :(

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beauty vid. I'm even in it lol at 2:20...you must know Eric or are Eric haha. Pretty sweet powder shots...the snow is so nice and dry in Smithers.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beauty vid. I'm even in it lol at 2:20...you must know Eric or are Eric haha. Pretty sweet powder shots...the snow is so nice and dry in Smithers.

Nope. Whitegold is not Eric. What is Eric's last name? We have MUCHO family in Smithers and spend a lot of time sledding there. Do you know any of the Keehn's, Mellroys, Laidlaws, or Steigleder's?

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eric Wessel. I see him in the vid. I don't know too many people from Smithers. Eric's buddies ditched him one day in Terrace and through some friends they hooked him up with us and we took him to our secret stash (that's the one at 2:20)...not actually Smithers area that one...secret spot north of Terrace ;-) He said he would take us out in Smithers...need to take him up on the offer this season.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No.... I'm not Eric... he is a very good friend of mine, I ride with him a lot.. and run the camera for him a lot, and I'm also in the videos. I helped him some with the filming and editting of these videos... but he did most of the grunt work in making them! lol...

Here is another one he did...

Northern B.C. Powder Bound 2 - YouTube

We'll hopefully make another one this winter....

BTW.... we had fresh snow on the Babine mountain range yesterday.... : )

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope. Whitegold is not Eric. What is Eric's last name? We have MUCHO family in Smithers and spend a lot of time sledding there. Do you know any of the Keehn's, Mellroys, Laidlaws, or Steigleder's?

Are you related to eric steigleder?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eric Wessel. I see him in the vid. I don't know too many people from Smithers. Eric's buddies ditched him one day in Terrace and through some friends they hooked him up with us and we took him to our secret stash (that's the one at 2:20)...not actually Smithers area that one...secret spot north of Terrace ;-) He said he would take us out in Smithers...need to take him up on the offer this season.

Haha, to funny. I went to school with eric wessel.

Top Bottom