Snow conditions in golden this weekend Jan 24,25,26

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the condition for riding in golden are? is there any good riding to be had (by good i mean fresh) is it worth coming down?

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is still fresh snow but its gettin harder to find. if you know some secret secret stashes then your good. guartz is spent, gorman is fast running outa fresh turns ans silent is the pick of the bunch as it has so much terrain and secret stashes.

much of the alpine is either wind raped or death traps. trees are the shizzle ...

Hydro

Reaction score
Not much snow in the forecast (1 cm in Golden for the week). We were out the past weekend to Silent and Gorman. Silent still had a bit of fresh in the trees on Saturday, but suspect it is packed/tracked/melted out by now. Gorman on Sunday was well tracked and compacted.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm ok, because im supposed to be coming out this weekend for mountain mania through snow and mud and im just hoping its worth the time knowing that mcbride and vale seem to be the places to ride this year.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Mountain Mania is a social event.Sledding is secondary.

that's right Mike.... and that's how most our events are! Good chance to meet fellow Snowandmud members and possibly meet new riding buddies.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was told that everyone go es and sleds al day then come in o n sat for dinner and a meet up? so there should be sat and sunday riding... was i misinformed

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm ok, because im supposed to be coming out this weekend for mountain mania through snow and mud and im just hoping its worth the time knowing that mcbride and vale seem to be the places to ride this year.

from what ive heard vale is completely packed now. with the wind and warm temps.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea i dunno seems the weather is looking to end the season.... im not sure whats going on but i really hope thats not the end of it.
as for the mountain mania id be coming down to ride i dont get to wasted so im just hoping that there is at least some decent riding to be had...

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea i dunno seems the weather is looking to end the season.... im not sure whats going on but i really hope thats not the end of it.
as for the mountain mania id be coming down to ride i dont get to wasted so im just hoping that there is at least some decent riding to be had...

Same here, looking forward to meeting new people to ride with, but need to get a good day of riding in on saturday and at least a half day in on sunday.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will second shadams comments on snow. Last weeks big snow consolidated good. There is fresh to be found but you need to know were to go. Alpine snow has been wind stepped away, hell I am in revy right now writing this and it's the same problem here. Forecast Is calling for snow on Wednesday.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard Revy is sold out of Ice Scratchers...Also rumors that ice scratcher shipments that are trying to come thru east and west are being hijacked by ice scratch pirates and being held for ransom for large amounts of moola. Good luck!

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
too funny !!!

I dont have scratchers and dont need them or snow on my tunnel ...

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
want to ride Friday/sat... meet and greet is secondary... hope creek looked great on Saturday... whos in for Friday ride

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my group with be there friday night and will be riding sat and till sundown on sunday before coming home. im hoping to find some nice tree riding with some decent snow.

Top Bottom