snow check 2012 assault

ddvb1204

Reaction score
Thinkin about snow chechin a 800 assault I know alot of peaple like this sled I ride low elivation rivers and power lines ditch bangin and sh$$.

What are The issues with this sled motor clutching what ever.

My last sled was 09 summit 146 860 bb all the goodies loved it. The money I had to put into it to make it that way was brutal.

Just want to gas and go.

Please guys honest answers please!!!

Thanks

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 assault. for lower elevation you might have to put heavier weights because i was always hitting the limitter around edmonton but up in the mountains its clutched great 8150-8250.

I took all the decals off mine put a vent kit on, moved the ski's in an inch, also changed the track out to the 5.1 for the powder but it hooked up like crazy in any sort of packed snow it was sweet for around the city. so pretty much stock, hasnt let me down yet 500 hard miles on it so im pretty happy.

redeye

Reaction score
I have a 2011 assault. for lower elevation you might have to put heavier weights because i was always hitting the limitter around edmonton but up in the mountains its clutched great 8150-8250.

I took all the decals off mine put a vent kit on, moved the ski's in an inch, also changed the track out to the 5.1 for the powder but it hooked up like crazy in any sort of packed snow it was sweet for around the city. so pretty much stock, hasnt let me down yet 500 hard miles on it so im pretty happy.

How bad was it getting the decals off?
I am planning on Snow Checking a 2012 Assault too but the graphics have to go for sure. I will end up leaving it bare or getting a wrap.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How bad was it getting the decals off?
I am planning on Snow Checking a 2012 Assault too but the graphics have to go for sure. I will end up leaving it bare or getting a wrap.

It was too easy i used a heat gun but a hairdryer would work and just warmed up the panel and decals and they peel off like peeling a banana and looks way better blanked out.

Probably gunna be moving to a 163 track over summer so im gunna get black ice age rails and probably do everything else red or something including the A arms

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 700 miles on my 2011 Assualt, 90% of my riding is in the mountains, (I'm not into high markin) and I never touched a thing, pull the rope and go. I bought a 5.1 track last December but have not and may not change it, the Assualt track is entertaining in most conditions:d As Redlineryan mentioned, you may have to change clutch weights, and maybe the odd pair of shorts as mine has come over backwards a time or two haha!!:eek: You will love the sled!!

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely change the clutch weights for the elevation. The decals come off easy. All you need is your wife's hair dryer and a beer.

orangemaddness

Reaction score
hey guys i ride the 2011 assault switchack spring order with the 2" track. i mostly ride the flatlands of sask and the only powder i can find is in riverbanks tree lines and sloughs. My rating of this sled would be a 99%. This thing hauls a$$ on the trail and corners extremely well for a 144 skid. In the powder it just seems to float on top like a seadoo on water its awesome. my only negative for this sled are the running boards i wish they had more large holes to get rid of so, as ice is still an issue. I am headed out west next week so that will be the true mountian test. But as for what i already know i would recomend this sled to anyone. I hope this helps and if this sounds like your riding style then i say go for it you wont be upset.

polaris69

Reaction score
Thinkin about snow chechin a 800 assault I know alot of peaple like this sled I ride low elivation rivers and power lines ditch bangin and sh$$.

What are The issues with this sled motor clutching what ever.

My last sled was 09 summit 146 860 bb all the goodies loved it. The money I had to put into it to make it that way was brutal.

Just want to gas and go.

Please guys honest answers please!!!

Thanks

You can snowcheck assaults with raps on them,mines already ordered.

saskguy

Reaction score
i got a 2011 rmk assault with 945 miles of very hard thrashing riding in the mountains and prairies and have had 0 issues i absolutely love this sled, run 66 grams in the prairies and its a wicked fun ride, also good on fuel and oil good luck with your ordering :d

Top Bottom