Cat vs doo

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not looking to start a war just looking for opinions i mostly ride trails ditch bangin on the lakes and rivers and off trail in the fresh stuff is one of these sleds better suited for this riding in coldlake ab normally we get good amount of snow so not sure i really love the look of the new summit sp 146 and not so on the new m8 look but im open to opions i have both dealers locally so what u guys think.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The m8 is based on a snow cross chassis and front End so it may be more enjoyable in the ditches an rivers. But the summit will outshine it in the mountains hands down.that being said the power output is similar and the summit will still be a blast in cold lake it may just be a little more unstable in comparison.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The m8 is based on a snow cross chassis and front End so it may be more enjoyable in the ditches an rivers. But the summit will outshine it in the mountains hands down.that being said the power output is similar and the summit will still be a blast in cold lake it may just be a little more unstable in comparison.

good reply !

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup, agree with Maxwell.

Also, back in my trail/river days gas stations were an issue for me. If you plan on running some miles in a day, that's something that will favour the Etec.

Last edited:

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a 2010 backountry it been a great machine on the trail and great in the mountains good suspension not to bad in the corning I think my 2001 Mxz was touch better in the corning because i can slide in hard on the turns.My dad runs a f8 cat it does real well in the turns and the on flats good speed not so good in the deep unfortually were not sure what up with the motor blew it up for 2nd time it was rebuilt on warranty with under 600 miles and he blew it up again end of last season with just over 1000 miles on it we haven't torn it down yet to find out what happen it seem to lean out at high rpm something up with fuel injection maybe

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your from Cold Lake??

You got the best dealer just minutes from you at Bonnyville!! Unless you have a good doo dealer anywhere around, call Terry @ T&T Powersports and get a Cat.

With the riding you will probably do in and around Cold Lake....a Crossfire will most likely meet your needs.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not looking to start a war just looking for opinions i mostly ride trails ditch bangin on the lakes and rivers and off trail in the fresh stuff is one of these sleds better suited for this riding in coldlake ab normally we get good amount of snow so not sure i really love the look of the new summit sp 146 and not so on the new m8 look but im open to opions i have both dealers locally so what u guys think.
Not sure if u will like this but I would look at a new apex with power steering if u are just trail riding. I have a supercharged apex mountain and its fun to play with but the sled is heavy but on the long run it will outlast any other sled on the market and the ride is alot smoother than any of the other sleds. I also have a 2011 m8 and the doos are really jumpy on the trails and in the mountains if u land on another track it will kick u sideways, wear the m8 is alittle better but the apex kicks ass all day long on the tight trails but a good dealer really helps but ive had yamahas for years and they have never let me down. I have the m8 because we only ride in the mountains and the heavier sled gives u a beating when u ride for a few days and I do have the apex for sale but if I don't get close to what i'm asking I'll keep it as a backup sled.

Top Bottom