Time for a Doo to Poo change?

robhayward

Reaction score
I've had only a couple Skidoos since my last Polaris so this isn't exactly switching religions for me. I've basically done all that I want to do on a SkiDoo and most of what you see in current snowmobile vids, just less distance. I think a new way of riding is interesting and everyone is heading for the trees. I have a few questions for those that have a minute to add a nice on point factual answer.
  • 2011 vs 2012 I've read all the changes, or actually the few changes. And I think if I can find a one year old for $2500 less than new I'm doing ok. Agree?
  • PRO RMK shocks? They got to be better than the KYB crappers on Summit X models? I am an Assault kind of guy but that comp track has to be the worlds worst design for powder.
  • PRO-RMK front shock length? I have some Evol X's off my Doo that are 17" I believe in close enough but what is the actual length?
  • Series 5.1 track I hear that it's good but not great. Where and when? It seems soft to me and I'll be riding Revy and area, soft is good for deep IMO.
  • Turrrrrrbo? I have kept up with and know the power for straight up hill climbing of the 2011 PRO RMK. My 800r 146(15w track) is on par. That means I will want more than stock power. I have done the mile long laundry list of upgrades on a sled, and want to just do one this time. Turbo, never done that yet. And Boondocker has me brainwashed (sold) on their kit.
  • And finally my dumb Ski-Doo clicker question. Anyone carry weights anymore? I remember packing 58 through 64 gram weights and changing trail side. It sucked and I don't want to do it again.
Thanks folks. And if anyone southern AB has a 2011 they want to give a good home I am in the market!!!!!

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saY go for it man, the new chassis Polaris has is awesome and the assault suspension absorbs the impact from drops n big jumps really good. The comp track isn't as bad as what people make it seem although it does work better for spring time conditions. I was a doo guy too till I rode my buddy's pro and that sled changed my mind about Polaris and I bought an assault and love it

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if ya checked out Silber turbos yet but worth checkn' out. Rode with a couple last year quite a bit from 2000' to 8000'. They ran the same map given to them from Silber and ran spot on temps all day. Seem to work great and customer service is great!! Not bashn' boondocker, their kits are pretty turn key but just some food for thought. cheers

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dalton makes a nice set of adjustable weights if you are doing alot of elevation changing.

orangemaddness

Reaction score
I have the assault switchback 800 i am not the most avid mountain rider out there but i can keep up with any skidoo 151. IMO polaris makes the best sled for the money on the market. If it lacks in any area you should be able to upgrade it and still be cheaper than any summit that i have priced out. Good luck

Top Bottom