Snow and Mud BAD reputation

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ATV Ethics - Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

so I was up at my Trailer this weekend . I guess there was an ATV club meet. Mud and Snow I think. I watched a person drive into the ditch with nice green grass sink up to his axels in mud because of all the rain and rip it up like no end then the other fallow. No the is a huge mud hole with huge ruts. My kids were watching from a hill with me and they asked why some would want to do that. What do you sat to a 6 and 9 year old. I fallowed the people to the camp ground and was going to tell them off but with the kids with me I just went back to my camp site. so 10 min later sitting at my camp site I hear a bunch of ATVs behind my camp site I go to see what is going on. The same guys that made the mud hole are driving up and down the river for 10 min in my favorite fishing hole. I almost fainted I was so mad it was all the wife could do to keep me at are site. Well guess what I have a video of the whole river thing on my Black Berry with LIC plate #'s want to report these people but scared that it will have neg affect on the trails we use as a family. PEOPLE PLEASE STAY ON TRAILS AND IF YOU HAVE TO CROSS A RIVER PLEASE USE THE SHORTEST ROUTE AND DONT DRIVE UP AND DOWN TO CLEAN YOUR QUAD THAT IS WHAT THE WASH BAYS ARE FOR .

Thanks for letting me rant

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me to, these quaders had nothing to do with snow and mud. They were from the lower camp site and not part of the main event. How do I know, the wife and kids watched them and then waited to see where they went.

All anyone remembers are the signs that were put up so peeps could find the event and automatically ASSUME.........:nono::nono:

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me to, these quaders had nothing to do with snow and mud. They were from the lower camp site and not part of the main event. How do I know, the wife and kids watched them and then waited to see where they went.

All anyone remembers are the signs that were put up so peeps could find the event and automatically ASSUME.........:nono::nono:

Sadly Dale, Snow and Mudders were telling me about their romp in the river while we were waiting for the prize give aways to start.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grrreat, we had some too. Makes ya proud, NOT.....

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is not a good thing when quaders ride through creeks.
I know the creek below the Outwest camp grounds is very accesable. Maybe something could be done as a improvement project to maybe build fences and post signs. With such a large community of quaders that use the area donations and building supplies should not be a problem.
The trails south of Rocky, toward baseline and Falls creek are riden hard every summer, Yet I have not seen much in the line of trail improvement or maintainance. Would there be enough interest?

rain

Reaction score
I'm reading this and just would like to put this out there. We had a set of campers across from us which we over heard replaying a story of someone camping at the lower camp ground 752 yelling at them, giving them the finger, etc.. These campers also ride a nice big green machine and have other machines in their camp. Could this be the people in question?

I would also like to say these campers where not with mud and snow and did not participate in any of the activities of mud and snow. I know this because I camp directly across from them so I know they did not participate.

It is a very big area out there with several hundred campers and day quadders at any given time. Just because snow and mud had their camp out please don't just asume it was a member. Also riding quads in the river is a very common thing and I have witnessed this on a regular basis. I am out there every week end so just want to say this happens regularly. Tons of random campers and other campers.....

Outwest has a quad wash which I witnessed was very busy and had huge line ups all week end.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm reading this and just would like to put this out there. We had a set of campers across from us which we over heard replaying a story of someone camping at the lower camp ground 752 yelling at them, giving them the finger, etc.. These campers also ride a nice big green machine and have other machines in their camp. Could this be the people in question?

I would also like to say these campers where not with mud and snow and did not participate in any of the activities of mud and snow. I know this because I camp directly across from them so I know they did not participate.

It is a very big area out there with several hundred campers and day quadders at any given time. Just because snow and mud had their camp out please don't just asume it was a member. Also riding quads in the river is a very common thing and I have witnessed this on a regular basis. I am out there every week end so just want to say this happens regularly. Tons of random campers and other campers.....

Outwest has a quad wash which I witnessed was very busy and had huge line ups all week end.

I never wrote this, I quoted it from the other site,..

Maybe someone should go over there to clarify things. I was just passing along some information that I found.

rain

Reaction score
I never wrote this, I quoted it from the other site,..

Maybe someone should go over there to clarify things. I was just passing along some information that I found.

Thanks for bringing it to peoples attention. I did go and post my reply at their site too. No one knows who it was but just assuming it was snow and mud made me post what I heard and what I have seen many times. I have seen riding in rivers everywhere we have quadded not only in this area...

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
"so I was up at my Trailer this weekend . I guess there was an ATV club meet. Mud and Snow I think. I watched a person drive into the ditch with nice green grass sink up to his axels in mud because of all the rain and rip it up like no end then the other fallow. No the is a huge mud hole with huge ruts. My kids were watching from a hill with me and they asked why some would want to do that. What do you sat to a 6 and 9 year old. I fallowed the people to the camp ground and was going to tell them off but with the kids with me I just went back to my camp site. so 10 min later sitting at my camp site I hear a bunch of ATVs behind my camp site I go to see what is going on. The same guys that made the mud hole are driving up and down the river for 10 min in my favorite fishing hole. I almost fainted I was so mad it was all the wife could do to keep me at are site. Well guess what I have a video of the whole river thing on my Black Berry with LIC plate #'s want to report these people but scared that it will have neg affect on the trails we use as a family. PEOPLE PLEASE STAY ON TRAILS AND IF YOU HAVE TO CROSS A RIVER PLEASE USE THE SHORTEST ROUTE AND DONT DRIVE UP AND DOWN TO CLEAN YOUR QUAD THAT IS WHAT THE WASH BAYS ARE FOR .

Thanks for letting me rant"

i know im not the best at spelling out there but this guy just plain sucks! i hope his kids are better?!?

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"so I was up at my Trailer this weekend . I guess there was an ATV club meet. Mud and Snow I think. I watched a person drive into the ditch with nice green grass sink up to his axels in mud because of all the rain and rip it up like no end then the other fallow. No the is a huge mud hole with huge ruts. My kids were watching from a hill with me and they asked why some would want to do that. What do you sat to a 6 and 9 year old. I fallowed the people to the camp ground and was going to tell them off but with the kids with me I just went back to my camp site. so 10 min later sitting at my camp site I hear a bunch of ATVs behind my camp site I go to see what is going on. The same guys that made the mud hole are driving up and down the river for 10 min in my favorite fishing hole. I almost fainted I was so mad it was all the wife could do to keep me at are site. Well guess what I have a video of the whole river thing on my Black Berry with LIC plate #'s want to report these people but scared that it will have neg affect on the trails we use as a family. PEOPLE PLEASE STAY ON TRAILS AND IF YOU HAVE TO CROSS A RIVER PLEASE USE THE SHORTEST ROUTE AND DONT DRIVE UP AND DOWN TO CLEAN YOUR QUAD THAT IS WHAT THE WASH BAYS ARE FOR .

Thanks for letting me rant"

i know im not the best at spelling out there but this guy just plain sucks! i hope his kids are better?!?

I agree.....!!

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well I agree ..... and once again the people that are not involved open there crazy mouths and comment on something they have no Idea about....we ALL saw some crazy stuff from the approximately 100 OTHER RIDERS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH SNOW AND MUD thank you.....

Please dont group everyone together unless you were there to witness it yourselves....

And thank you to the 100% of snow and mudders that wore helmets and the less than 60% of OTHER that did not.....

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sadly Dale, Snow and Mudders were telling me about their romp in the river while we were waiting for the prize give aways to start.

Not sure but in our group that Darcy and then Lyle led.....the trails that we are all being told in this thread went through the rivers....so kinda tough to not be in the rivers and then in the next breath stick to the trails....hmmmm

Thanks Lyle and Darcy for the great adventures..

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is not a good thing when quaders ride through creeks.
I know the creek below the Outwest camp grounds is very accesable. Maybe something could be done as a improvement project to maybe build fences and post signs. With such a large community of quaders that use the area donations and building supplies should not be a problem.
The trails south of Rocky, toward baseline and Falls creek are riden hard every summer, Yet I have not seen much in the line of trail improvement or maintainance. Would there be enough interest?

or build quad bridges too....that would help....

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
"Favorite Fishing Hole" ????? :confused: ????? What a load of crap. I've fished the creek in question since I was Knee High to a Grasshopper. If thats his/her favorite fishing hole. They need a GUIDE BAHAHAWAWAHAHA!!!!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
"Favorite Fishing Hole" ????? :confused: ????? What a load of crap. I've fished the creek in question since I was Knee High to a Grasshopper. If thats his/her favorite fishing hole. They need a GUIDE BAHAHAWAWAHAHA!!!!

Maybe they could hire the guy that hangs out at Outwest???

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this blog was givin to me from another posti have on this web site.they said for me to look at my avatar and change it.i was told by one member in jan, after my group of friends lost one of our fellow riders in an avy.the name of our group is the widow makers just a funny name we agreed to for a bunch of fun loving guys that get together and ride.NOW i am told to change my avatar what the hell is going on here.it is a piture of me in the water,so what.we as a group do obey the rules when quadding .please all tree huggers dont tell me about a piture that is an avatar.butt out:nono:Originally Posted by smkngstv
been camping there lots,there is alkinds of room and the trial riding is awesome
You may want to change your avitar...Snow and Mud BAD reputation

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

widow makers all good,,,,,

but you are driving through a deep creek/river wich is frowned upon by most, reason being you erode all the dirt and rock so fish dont come back and spawn,,,, not say n just say n,,, I have done it a few times as well but as a avitar you are looking for feedback bros...

nice ride ya got there,,,

greenies go beat on some multi million dollar companies that do way more excessive damage to the enviroment than any of us could do in a lifetime

my 2 cent

Top Bottom