Snorkel question

koda9192

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Renegade and just snorkeled it over the winter, the only problem i am having is a lack of power at times. I have had it happen a couple of times where i can't get over 4500 RPM. The kit is a snorkelyouratv.com kit and i put the snorkel guards in which is a mesh liner in the caps to keep dirt and water from entering the pipes. The question i have is if the air cleaner snorkel gets plugged with dirt will it cause my lack of power. Just wondering if anyone has run into this before i have to pull the guard out and try it.

Thanks

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just bought 4 Kits from them (3 for the canam 800), I was kind of concerned about exactly what you are describing. We took them for a quick rip and they seemed fine but the screens are so fine, seems like they would plug up easily. Thats why we didn't glue the screen pieces in, so we could clean them if necessary.

One of my friends had a similar problem on his 800, ended up being the fuel pump. Only did it when it got hot and they could never get it to do it when he brought it in for warranty. If it cooled down on the trail for 10 minutes it would stop doing it and run normal for a couple hours. He talked to a guy who had had the same problem he told him it was the fuel pump but the dealer wouldn't replace it until the 3rd time he brought it in. Runs great now but it was kind of a pain in the butt to bring it in so many times.

Let me know if it ends up being the snorkel screen. Maybe I'll make some that aren't so fine.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take the srceen out and run a bigger k&n prefilter over the snorkel and zip tie it on ....Much more area to draw thru and stays cleaner...

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Renegade and just snorkeled it over the winter, the only problem i am having is a lack of power at times. I have had it happen a couple of times where i can't get over 4500 RPM. The kit is a snorkelyouratv.com kit and i put the snorkel guards in which is a mesh liner in the caps to keep dirt and water from entering the pipes. The question i have is if the air cleaner snorkel gets plugged with dirt will it cause my lack of power. Just wondering if anyone has run into this before i have to pull the guard out and try it.

Thanks

My kit from them worked out fine, different atv mind you, have you tried calling the company, when I git my kit the guy left his business card in case I needed help or had questions.....

Top Bottom