Snorkel Kit

Bryan

Reaction score
I am planning on getting a sorkel kit for my 800 Outlander. ( dollar is good ! )

Any thought ? Good, Bad?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's cheap insurance for when you go deep. Sucks drowning your quad in a river you "thought" you'd make it through.

My buddy has his Brute 750 snorkled and I'm going to get my 850XP snorkled very soon.

I'm actually taking my quad over to RapidRevolutions (in Edmonton) to get them to put them on, they do custom kits so just let 'em know what you want and they'll hook you up.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to save a whole lot of $$, make your own, very easy project.

That is true, for some quads. The Kawi's are a breeze to do, the 850's are not. I haven't seen an Outty before so I'm not too sure how hard they'd be to snorkel.

I read on another forum the average costs to do it yourself, kit or custom are like this, I'll also post the pro's and cons to each as well.

Yourself: Avg. cost 40-50 bucks

Pro- Custom, save big bucks.
Con- takes a really long time to get it right

Kit: usually 200 or so bucks

Pro- you get all the pieces ready to do the job
Con- Not custom, sometimes poor design (need to research kits)

Custom: I was quoted at 700 bucks, my buddy was 600.

Pro- Custom kit, you get to design, professional install, sometimes warrantied by the builder.
Con- Hefty price

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a snorkle kit from Can Am Outlander ATV Snorkel Kit, Yamaha Grizzly ATV Snorkel Kit, It was a little more $$ than buying all the "sink and toilet" peices from Home Depot, but it is an awesome kit that only takes a couple hours to install. Looks 1000x better than any homemeade snorkles I have seen. Sorry, this is the only picture I have left.

Attachments

• P5230055.JPG
    P5230055.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 120

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am planning on getting a sorkel kit for my 800 Outlander. ( dollar is good ! )

Any thought ? Good, Bad?

I have a snorkle kit for your outlander from snorkle your atv, brand new, if you are interested pm me.

hammerbike

Reaction score
I phoned around and was quoted $500.00 +/- (!!!) so that made an easy decision for me!
First time I've ever tried to do one, 3 hrs and $28.00 later I was done! The biggest difference for me was the air filter, I used to have to clean it after every damn ride, now I do it every OIL CHANGE!! It's still very clean even then!
More noise??? Yup, but fair trade off for me.

Top Bottom