Thought I was done riding.

Albertaktm

Reaction score
Went into Martin MS for stuff for my Outlander. Saw a 2024 Summit Edge with a 154. Thought, maybe I’m not! Left with my winch cable and the new sled. I turn 65 this winter but in not dead yet!

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpeg
    IMG_0715.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 223

Albertaktm

Reaction score
Awesome.
Joining us ole timers on the hill.
I got the same sled in 165....
Your not to old to ride...
Yeah back in the day (1997-99) i had a new sled in my shop every Sept. Then stare at the Revy forecast every day. We would make the trip soon as there was even a tad of snow from Stony Plain after work Friday. Get in around 1. Sled all day Saturday avoiding the hazards and Sunday till 3. Then drive home. Crash at 1:30 am up to go to work Monday!

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah back in the day (1997-99) i had a new sled in my shop every Sept. Then stare at the Revy forecast every day. We would make the trip soon as there was even a tad of snow from Stony Plain after work Friday. Get in around 1. Sled all day Saturday avoiding the hazards and Sunday till 3. Then drive home. Crash at 1:30 am up to go to work Monday!
We still do this...I am a few years younger though...

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes a lot of us have done the same, I kinda still do it but not as often.
2 seasons ago there was a major dump in McBride but I had no time. SO, I was out the door by 4am, drove to Renshaw to meet up with friends by 10am in parking lot. Oh did I say I drove from Vernon BC, about 6hrs. LOL.
Rode all day till 5:30 and then drove back home. I believe it was around 1:30am or maybe 2am.
OHYA it was worth it. 60 is not far away for me but I feel way younger.

Plus I have cruise so I can snooze.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yes a lot of us have done the same, I kinda still do it but not as often.
2 seasons ago there was a major dump in McBride but I had no time. SO, I was out the door by 4am, drove to Renshaw to meet up with friends by 10am in parking lot. Oh did I say I drove from Vernon BC, about 6hrs. LOL.
Rode all day till 5:30 and then drove back home. I believe it was around 1:30am or maybe 2am.
OHYA it was worth it. 60 is not far away for me but I feel way younger.

Plus I have cruise so I can snooze.
That's what rumble strips are for.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is quite a few of us from Edmonton area in mid 50's to 60 who do regular day trips to Vale or McBride. Even arrive early enough to meet snochuk.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is quite a few of us from Edmonton area in mid 50's to 60 who do regular day trips to Vale or McBride. Even arrive early enough to meet snochuk.
Ha!
Ya, age is starting to affect me to, now that I'm older.
Don't get to the restaurant until 06:05 some mornings.

We still do day trips also, but with the cost of travel usually do 2-3days per trip.
Last minute day trips to hit the deep after a snow dump still happens though.

Albertaktm

Reaction score
I have done a few of those. Way easier than Revy Day trips!

Albertaktm

Reaction score
Ha!
Ya, age is starting to affect me to, now that I'm older.
Don't get to the restaurant until 06:05 some mornings.

We still do day trips also, but with the cost of travel usually do 2-3days per trip.
Last minute day trips to hit the deep after a snow dump still happens though.
Yeah, staring at my new sled for almost a month now, i probably go to the the first place that has snow!

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, staring at my new sled for almost a month now, i probably go to the the first place that has snow!
Haven’t done day trips for decades now,usually 3-5 day rides trips.
On my 23 Edge narrowed the handle bars 3” and installed seat from my 19 summit X,did not care for the bread loaf seat that came with it.I sit more on the trail now that I’m getting older,especially on the long treks when trail is smooth with no tracks.

Albertaktm

Reaction score
Haven’t done day trips for decades now,usually 3-5 day rides trips.
On my 23 Edge narrowed the handle bars 3” and installed seat from my 19 summit X,did not care for the bread loaf seat that came with it.I sit more on the trail now that I’m getting older,especially on the long treks when trail is smooth with no tracks.
And that seat fits the gen 5 Summit? Interesting. I would like a seat with a bit more support than the stock Edge Seat

Top Bottom