Smitty drop brackets?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone run these on thier Rev? We just put a set on my brothers 08 XP-X. Very nice product. I just bought a used set for my 06-X rev.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Second season on them on my XP. I dropped the front of the skid 7/8" and the rear 1"....really helps with the XP ski lift.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Second season on them on my XP. I dropped the front of the skid 7/8" and the rear 1"....really helps with the XP ski lift.

Did the same on my brothers XP, I agree they work great, just woundering about the old school Rev's, mixed reviews on Dootalk. From what I read you drop the front 1 inch and back 1/4 inch. Woundering about track tension, should work.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran 'em on my 07 Rev as well....just dropped the rear 1" and ran heavier rear springs. Left everything else alone and it rode great.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran 'em on my 07 Rev as well....just dropped the rear 1" and ran heavier rear springs. Left everything else alone and it rode great.

That was what I was wondering about, I think I will try that first , befoe drilling hole in tunnel.

HIGH ALTITUDE

Reaction score
i find mine work great, help in deep snow. have to adjust center spring for ski pressure on the trail. moved skid back the 1" also.

Attachments

• VALEMOUNT 09 049.jpg
    VALEMOUNT 09 049.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 104

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i find mine work great, help in deep snow. have to adjust center spring for ski pressure on the trail. moved skid back the 1" also.

You moved yours back 1 inch? I thoght it was supposed to be down 1 inch and back 1/4 inch?

Nice sled, I have the same sled.

HIGH ALTITUDE

Reaction score
You moved yours back 1 inch? I thoght it was supposed to be down 1 inch and back 1/4 inch?

Nice sled, I have the same sled.

I did as Smitty told me, front back an inch (with the set back brackets) & not down on the front (only on the XP's). He had his set up the same on his '05. I didn't go down on the front because my sled is a wheelie king. I just adjusted the center shock for trailability.

Top Bottom