SLP exhaust for M1000

chucker.2009

Reaction score
Has anyone run the full SLP exhaust and power commander V ( with 2009 mapping ) on a 2009 M1000? was there any tunning problems or fit and finish problems? do I need to run pyros to run only in the mountains?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run an SLP y pipe and pipe with an MBRP can. SLP billet air horn. Boyesen Rad valves and 3° timing advance on an 07 M1000. with athe Power Comander V. I also have the auto tune that adjusts the map for you. great setup. works well. Give Mark @ T&T Power Sports in Bonnyville (780 826 6121) a call and he can set you up.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fit and finish on mine is great. Power gain is awesome! I run a boondocker rather than a PC (wouldn't be my first choice again!). Tuning took a bit to dial in, but I never touch it now that it's there. Pyro? Well, I run them on stock sleds just so I know what's going on so my answer would be YES!....but that's just me.:d

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pyros are a must!! Fit and finish are awesome, power gain is excellent. As for power commander I have heard mixed reviews, my opinion is I want to do some basic tuning on the mountain without a laptop! I went boonedocker box, took some numbers from few s&m members and 1 hour I was set

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2008, SLP, PCV.
I run an air-fuel instead but originally started with an egt setup.
Fit and finish has been quite fine, but my current exhaust needs a new coating.

From what I've seen and read, all m1000s don't quite run exactly the same. There's plenty of ways to go for setups. Some guys say add timing, some say run a head, some guys are on twins etc etc...

The maps I found on the internet for my application and the ones I got from racing station have been ok BUT not quite perfectly there. My sled has always run pig rich. I just keep tweeking my map everyride before I exit the garage. No laptop on the mountain and I never had a bad bad day out there either on my pcv. My sled also seemed to run better with power valve deletes. But now there's a new engine in there so she's a bit different once again.

For next season, I would like to get the LCD to help me figure out what throttle position I'm in- I'm thinking this would go a long way in tuning. I'm also sourcing out twins.

There's also some clutching mods to be had along with gear change.
I'll warn ya, once you start with one thing, the cash will just keep on rolling out of your pocket. Welcome to the m1000 world.

Top Bottom