Slip tank steamed and then tied into truck tank

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We tried with our 2012 6.2 L Ford. Can't do it anymore with all the emission BS (Evap container). They changed the fuel tanks on the new ones. Its now a tidy tank with a nozzle.

Yep, I tried on my superduty too...no go... thought i would see if i can do it on the dirtymax. sounds good so far.

Thanks everyone.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I yanked the fill tube out so that I could put a tee in and used 1/2" hose to plumb my tank in. Left the vent line alone to get around all that nonsense of emission control.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my dad 08 superduty we plumbed the tank into the vent on the gas tank. The tank also has a vented gas cap. The line is all 3/8". We bought a 3/8" electric ball valve from princess auto and wired it into one of the aux switches on the dash. While driving down the road you just flip the switch and you are filling while driving. No need to stop for anything.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Mine used to be like that but the electric valve screwed up so now its just plumbed direct.(still have a ball valve on the tank for emergency)
On my dad 08 superduty we plumbed the tank into the vent on the gas tank. The tank also has a vented gas cap. The line is all 3/8". We bought a 3/8" electric ball valve from princess auto and wired it into one of the aux switches on the dash. While driving down the road you just flip the switch and you are filling while driving. No need to stop for anything.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bring it by wandering river i have steam trucks i can do it for u

I'm driving buy wandering today, if i didn't have so many damn appointments i would stop in and see you Gotboost. Thanks for the offer. Damn.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

had a shop tell me that they had problems with the vent line, and had to tap into the fill line instead. if yours worked , i wonder what kind of problems the install shop where having?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We also have a bypass on the electric valve with a standard ball valve, just incase the electric valve fails.

Maybe the shop wasn't using a vented cap on the fuel tank. So by tapping into the vent line on the trucks tank the whole system had no way to vent. Like trying to dump a gas can without a vent.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will check but i'm sure ya won't get gas to flow unless you have a vented cap, for long.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a shop tell me that they had problems with the vent line, and had to tap into the fill line instead. if yours worked , i wonder what kind of problems the install shop where having?

Tied into the fill line is a better way to go. I did that on my '05 Dmax with no issues. The '07 Dmax I have now I tied into the vent and I have to put it on the slowest setting to fill it and even them half the time it ralph's fuel back at me and pisses me off!!
One of these days I'm going to change it to the fill line.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thinking this was the same problem the shop has had. thanks.

Top Bottom