Slip tank steamed and then tied into truck tank

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for someone who can steam a gas slip tank out, and then install and tie into my diesel truck.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother steaming it,just drain the gas out,fill with diesel,and away you go.Up to you though.Simple to hook up just plumb a 3/8 line into vent line on truck,put a ball valve on tank and you're good to go.Just have to punch a hole in your box.
Switching it from gas to diesel.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
Just wanted to make sure that there was no chance of gas contamination into the diesel. I know the other way around is absolutely no issue.
never know with these new trucks and all the codes etc etc.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
In my truck I wouldn't be concerned about a little gas residue in a tank full of diesel,but that's just my personal opinion and not based on any scientific research.Not sure how much it would take to actually do any damage.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i need a tank steemed to..full of rusty deisel..where can i get it done??let me know.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother steaming it,just drain the gas out,fill with diesel,and away you go.Up to you though.Simple to hook up just plumb a 3/8 line into vent line on truck,put a ball valve on tank and you're good to go.Just have to punch a hole in your box.

tried that on an 08 ford, had to plumb into fill line the vent just wouldn't work, was a pain in the azz.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
My fargo is plumbed into vent line and works fine,know guys with dirtymaxes that did it the same way with no problem,who would even own a Ford??
tried that on an 08 ford, had to plumb into fill line the vent just wouldn't work, was a pain in the azz.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My fargo is plumbed into vent line and works fine,know guys with dirtymaxes that did it the same way with no problem,who would even own a Ford??

thought the ford would work, it didn't in my case had to weld bung onto fill line, pain in the azz.

only the men who know trucks drive fords, the pretenders take the long route to get there. but eventually they arrive to the promised land hehe.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Anybody with a steamer truck will do it. CCS, Newalta, Secure or anyone with a steam pad will do it also...for a price ;)
But like said before, water is worse than gas when it come to your diesel. Put some conditioner in the slip tank after steaming if you go that route.

I've been using this on my KW for yrs

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's how I did my Dmax and it works awesome, simple to do also. The only part I don't like is the hole in the box but its worth the extra range when towing IMO.:beer:

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you add an in-line filter and/or water separator for added protection. If you need warranty work done on the fuel system the axillary fuel tank plumbed directly in will be an excuse for the dealership to try and deny you warranty. The extra filtration will also add to piece of mind.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Thanks Marty,yep,forgot to add that.I have a filter on the line between slip tank and truck tank.
Make sure you add an in-line filter and/or water separator for added protection. If you need warranty work done on the fuel system the axillary fuel tank plumbed directly in will be an excuse for the dealership to try and deny you warranty. The extra filtration will also add to piece of mind.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We tried with our 2012 6.2 L Ford. Can't do it anymore with all the emission BS (Evap container). They changed the fuel tanks on the new ones. Its now a tidy tank with a nozzle.

Top Bottom