sledding May 24, whos been in Golden recently???

rampager

Reaction score
Anyone been out recently in Golden? Always wanted to a do a late season trip and thinking about trying May 24.

Hows current access to Quartz or Gorman or other areas????

Cheers

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The gate at quartz is closed now so that's a no go. Gorman is about the only option for late season. Really got watch the south exposure up there on the lake, I've seen some big big slides come down. Not sure if you've been in a cave but please understand there are travel restrictions in place until after May long....might not be the year......

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Travel restrictions,, ya you bet! Lmao

I've rode quartz may long before, where is this gate? Nust be new.

I did gorman June 5th a couple years ago. You will have to drive way up the mountain though. You probably already new that though.

Have fun, post pics!

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The gate at quartz is closed now so that's a no go. Gorman is about the only option for late season. Really got watch the south exposure up there on the lake, I've seen some big big slides come down. Not sure if you've been in a cave but please understand there are travel restrictions in place until after May long....might not be the year......

There’s been ‘travel restrictions’ in place since May of last year.... this winter was one if the busiest we’ve seen all over for people trying to enjoy the outdoors.

Only thing I’d check is the highway closures, as depending on what day & time you travel at, might still need to detour through radium.

Which FYI Forester in radium will still be accessible May 24 if that was of interest to you

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw on a Global story where the RC's were having their checkstops. They are no where near Golden, Revy, Sicamous or Valemont.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These checkstops will have a sign a couple kms before the checkstop warning you about them so you can turn around if you don't want to go through them. Awfully good of them I would say?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These checkstops will have a sign a couple kms before the checkstop warning you about them so you can turn around if you don't want to go through them. Awfully good of them I would say?

I've been all over BC and I havent seen one yet. And if you go through one ,, big deal, I'm essential every where I go.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This makes me wonder if one can identify themselves as essential?
I have multiple Rcmp Friends in revy and surrey. They are busy with other stuff as they say. Travel away
I’m leaving to bc for my first Harley trip next week. Braaap all Over the southern edge of B.C. May even bring my passport. I’m hearing travel at the american border is the same.��. Might try Washington for a few days.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have multiple Rcmp Friends in revy and surrey. They are busy with other stuff as they say. Travel away
I’m leaving to bc for my first Harley trip next week. Braaap all Over the southern edge of B.C. May even bring my passport. I’m hearing travel at the american border is the same.��. Might try Washington for a few days.

No problem getting into the USofA, but a real problem getting back into Canada. Have your quarantine plans in order.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeing as how BC residents are locked in by a full essential travel only ban, and Alberta has the biggest Covid hot spots in Canada, dont expect to big of a welcome for your Alberta plates.

Travel and COVID-19 - Province of British Columbia
Its not law. Cant be law. I AM CANADIAN!!!! I roam as long as i can breathe. If one was to make fun of my plate be prepared to eat a helmet. The hypocrisy of some BC residents. Dam albertans lol I can't go 5 mins in Edmonton without seeing sask, bc, manitoba and ontario plates. Only difference is we don't care who, what or why your here. we are Albertans

Last edited:

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw on a Global story where the RC's were having their checkstops. They are no where near Golden, Revy, Sicamous or Valemont.
i call bull **** on global .. i was just in radium .. invermere ... RC 's came up parked be side us no problem asked if we wanted a ice cream from petri in radium .. true story ... BWAAAAA !! same in revy and banff .. cheeRs .. choc reveL OZ -Ah- Fur ... Lmao

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i call bull **** on global .. i was just in radium .. invermere ... RC 's came up parked be side us no problem asked if we wanted a ice cream from petri in radium .. true story ... BWAAAAA !! same in revy and banff .. cheeRs .. choc reveL OZ -Ah- Fur ... Lmao
Do your homework. The checkstops in the story aren't there. You have lots of time. Your up 24 hours lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeing as how BC residents are locked in by a full essential travel only ban, and Alberta has the biggest Covid hot spots in Canada, dont expect to big of a welcome for your Alberta plates.

Everywhere i go in BC my friends and other normal people are happy to see me and buisness want my money. Park my big green truck with red plates out front of big eddy and they'll have beer waiting,,

Travel restricted car maskers arent the kind of people I'm worried about messing with me anyways lmao

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everywhere i go in BC my friends and other normal people are happy to see me and buisness want my money. Park my big green truck with red plates out front of big eddy and they'll have beer waiting,,

Travel restricted car maskers arent the kind of people I'm worried about messing with me anyways lmao
Travel restricted car maskers !!! Lol �� h

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rather than beating your chests and telling us what a tuff man you are, did any of you read the actual link?

"
If police determine the vehicle is travelling is for non-essential reasons, police will instruct the driver to turn the vehicle around and return to the region they came from.
If the travel restrictions need to be enforced, police can issue a fine. At the discretion of police, people not following the travel restrictions may be subject to a $575 fine.
People from outside the province who are travelling in B.C. for non-essential reasons can be subject to the same enforcement measures."

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No didnt read the link, dont care about what's in them either.
If I did, I could just turn on the radio, or read one of those highway signs that say"covid 19, do not travel"

But as a red plate that is back and forth to Vancouver on a regular basis I can tell you unless you are going 100mph you probably arent getting pulled over. And if ur just going to Golden, Golden is pretty much Alberta lmao.... all you'll see is red plates and campers....

They still have the boat inspection station open in Golden ffs,,,, for essential boat travel only I suppose :rolleyes:

Any who This thread is supposed to be about sledding in Golden may 24th, and looks to be a gooder. :cool:

Last edited:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rather than beating your chests and telling us what a tuff man you are, did any of you read the actual link?

"
If police determine the vehicle is travelling is for non-essential reasons, police will instruct the driver to turn the vehicle around and return to the region they came from.
If the travel restrictions need to be enforced, police can issue a fine. At the discretion of police, people not following the travel restrictions may be subject to a $575 fine.
People from outside the province who are travelling in B.C. for non-essential reasons can be subject to the same enforcement measures."

you should change your handle... Stompin Tom would be ashamed of you....

Top Bottom