sledder missing in Revy - FOUND Dec 10 - RIP Travis

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: sledder missing in Revi

Just noticed some recent pics of this fella surfacing. Don't see a back pack of any sort on his back. No fuel caddy or extra storage on the tunnel of his sled either. Tried renting a beacon and he thought it was to expensive. Anybody that had seen him that day at cabin notice whether he had backpack on? I'm wondering if he was at cabin at 3 he was working his way down. Be curious to know if sars has had a chance to check the toilet bowl? Revyg. Get sucked down there it's a chopper ride out and being that late and snow that deep, no extra gear based on pics my guess that was his last stop if there is no visible signs yet. All the best to everyone. Thank the sars next time you pass one for their continuous efforts.

TryHonesty

Reaction score
This guy is still unaccounted for? Lord bring him home and tell him to stop hitting the back country by himself. I wish the manufacturers would partner with Spot and put a tracker on all sleds from the factory. Would help with search and rescue and theft recoveries.

Best of luck to the SAR crews.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just noticed some recent pics of this fella surfacing. Don't see a back pack of any sort on his back. No fuel caddy or extra storage on the tunnel of his sled either. Tried renting a beacon and he thought it was to expensive. Anybody that had seen him that day at cabin notice whether he had backpack on? I'm wondering if he was at cabin at 3 he was working his way down. Be curious to know if sars has had a chance to check the toilet bowl? Revyg. Get sucked down there it's a chopper ride out and being that late and snow that deep, no extra gear based on pics my guess that was his last stop if there is no visible signs yet. All the best to everyone. Thank the sars next time you pass one for their continuous efforts.

He did have a backpack on saturday, can't tell you what was in it 100% He was parked beside me in the parking lot, i spoke with RCMP yesterday morning giving them all the info i had. At one point i seen him mixing what looked like alcohol into his hydration pack in his bag. That's how i specifically remember the backpack.

getzcold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way back there was a group that went missing in silent pass. Was a member of the Calgary club at the time and remember they tried getting as many people as they could out looking. Granted there was no receivers on the bottom of helicopters at that time. Wish the missing man and all the SAR people the best and hoping for a good out come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ski-doober

Reaction score

If sar is done at noon who is heading up there?

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Damn, I hope they find this fella soon. If he can at least make a fire then his chances of survival are greatly increased. After reading this thread I'm going to redo my survival bag.

We ran into a young Canadian fella last year at Arctic Man that was riding by himself (buddies were to hung over to ride) and his sled broke down. He must have been fairly new to sledding because he had no idea what was wrong with his machine. We got it running for him and told him he could ride with us and he agreed it was probably a good idea. I'm sure he would have been ok because of the large amount of people in the area but one never knows for sure so it's always a good idea to at least ask if they are ok or need assistance.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What happens if they don't find the person? This should be a lesson, don't ride alone and always ride prepared to stay a night or two.

Also, carrying a $320 inreach should be a top priority.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What happens if they don't find the person? This should be a lesson, don't ride alone and always ride prepared to stay a night or two.

To many guys buy the most expensive sleds riding gear and stuff but totally cheap out on survival gear. I was one of these guy till a few years ago. Now I am prepared pretty good if I find myself in this guys situation.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

To many guys buy the most expensive sleds riding gear and stuff but totally cheap out on survival gear. I was one of these guy till a few years ago. Now I am prepared pretty good if I find myself in this guys situation.

Exactly my thoughts too. Buy some good radios for group communications and I think everyone should have an inreach on them in case things go really sideways. Really, it's $320 for one, if that breaks the bank maybe you should get a new hobby.

I think a lot of guys have an ego sledding, think they are king of the mountain and will never need help or get into a hairy situation.

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Survival gear should be carried by everyone. But that does not help if your upside down in a tree well or under the snow by yourself.
I hope this is not the case and he is found alive and well, this is a very sad situation.

Reaction score

A what?

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I feel for this guys family. They will find him but after two days I doubt it will be good. The whole deal here is it was the guys first time. I remember my first time. 1986. No gear no shovels and very little food. Although we were not alone no one was prepared and it was dumping hard. The point is if you have never been there you have no idea what it's like. You assume it's like the hilly cut lines of home. I can see where he thought he could handle it on his own! Been there. Fortunately I had people with me and after that never ride alone. You see he did not know what to expect and once out it's to late. I hope they find him and my guess is he's close to cabins on either hill. Dropped in creek with no visibility and can't get out.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard it was travis brown that is the missing sledder? form Drayton Valley or presently living in Williams lake?

hope things turn out well.

Reaction score
heard it was travis brown that is the missing sledder? form Drayton Valley or presently living in Williams lake?

hope things turn out well.

Do you know him? I did read/hear it was someone from Drayton Valley, but I don't recall where I read that. Might have just been earlier in this thread.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have weather updates? Can't stop thinking about this poor guy, his family and the folks searching. Is the search helicopter only or are there boots on the ground as well? Can't imagine....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have weather updates? Can't stop thinking about this poor guy, his family and the folks searching. Is the search helicopter only or are there boots on the ground as well? Can't imagine....
Posted earlier this am what it was doing down low in sicamous, which will be similar

It's now cleared off a bit and can see fresh snow about 4000 feet in salmon arm and blue sky's are going that way to revy

Hope it helps with a weather break

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Agree with Koby. A person is missing. Why aren't we posting about updates? Not this other bull****!
sadly updates have been few and far between, I am actively monitoring the Revelstoke Snowmobile Club, and Revelstoke Search and Rescue Facebook pages for anything, and soon as I see anything I'll post it up.

Top Bottom