Sledder Buried in Clemina

sledder50

Reaction score
There was a young fellow buried on the weekend at Morning Glory, thankfully his buddies got to him in time, he looked cold and shaken in the cabin (surprised there was no firewood on hand?) but was still talking to everyone. I was curious as to whether his sled was also recovered We had heard that a group who were taking an Avy course might look for it on Sunday Again I very happy to see the sledder got out OK

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
There was a young fellow buried on the weekend at Morning Glory, thankfully his buddies got to him in time, he looked cold and shaken in the cabin (surprised there was no firewood on hand?) but was still talking to everyone. I was curious as to whether his sled was also recovered We had heard that a group who were taking an Avy course might look for it on Sunday Again I very happy to see the sledder got out OK

Glad he was OK. Same slope slides all year long at morning glory. It would be a good one for the avy group to look at. Luckily for that reason it also doesn't hold a lot of volume.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last i heard they have not found the sled. as mentioned in another thread 13 users also went up the mountain without beacons that day.

one has to wonder what he was doing on this face in the first place. looks pretty thin

74773d1292729764-2010-2011-valemount-updates-img_0428.jpg

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly...that being said it has nothing to do with this particular group and hats off to them for saving their buddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom