Sledder Buried and rescued today

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard rumors of a sledder being buried today and found under 6 feet of snow, had avy training also...any body have any info on this?

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alpine Helicopters was trying to get into the Duncan area on the backside of Silent Pass, vis was poor so they had to turn back. SPOT message was all they were going off of.

May or may not be the same incident.

skeeter800x

Reaction score
Vernon Search and Rescue dispatched to area near Keefer Lake around 4 this afternoon; avalanche reported, no further details.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard a sledder was killed in a slide in Utah yesterday or today.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow lots of slides this past weekend. 2 snowshoers died in a massive slide this weekend as well. I wonder how many peeps in slides that got out we haven't heard about. Be careful out there guys and gals.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out riding yeterday and saw lots of indicators. Also saw groups of guys without any gear in some sketchy areas. Suppose if they owned recue/recovery gear they would then be educated enough to avoid those areas.
Next week or so is going to be high slide activity and caution is needed. Thsi is one of those cycles that don't require much exposives to set em off. lol

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This person is lucky to be alive. 2.6 meters WOWZERS!!

I just hope that all these avalanche incidents don't turn into people tagging sledders.

Those 2 snowshoers that got killed had ZERO avalanche equipment.

As sledders, we have come a long way from, lets say 5 years ago with awareness and basic training.

a friend was in a slide up in paradise Thursday, was under 2.6m. was resuscitated and is in hospital.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend was in a slide up in paradise Thursday, was under 2.6m. was resuscitated and is in hospital.

www.chasingsnowflakes.com is the blog posted for this. The person known as Harry is someone I know but wasn't the guy buried. read the blog, explains how the AVI training kicked in and reactions. Last part is disturbing as the victim was in a coma.

Last edited:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of reinforces things for me. Saw my first fatality when my friends dad was buried when we were 9 years old, we saw it happen and we say them trying to revive him. Later on in my 20's while part time pro patrolling assisted with recovery of two friends that were sledding in rig lease area by Castle. Those are images you never forget.
Been a big pussy ever since when in the backcountry..besides education and experience that will go a long way to staying safe.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think any one of us knows how we will react having to dig out someone we know and things going bad. I have been riding for 45 years probably and close to 30 in the mountains and not sure if I would stay in it if I lost a buddy on my watch. You never know. Just hope I never have to find out.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This avalanche one Burried under 4m of snow sledder out near kingfisher heli that's all I know.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's confirmed... A good friend of mines family member Was buried yesterday and rescued but passed on the way to the hospital, wife at home pregnant with child.. That's all the details I have right now. Be careful out there folks somebody is expecting you home at the end of the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom