Sled skiing

polarischik

Reaction score
Hey all. Group of us have a sled trip booked over New Years in fernie. We are looking for recommendations for sled skiing spots in and around the area. We have checked out coal creek before but not had a ton of success finding ski spots as we don't know the area well. We are new to the sport, this is our second year so not looking for anything crazy. I know that spots are often tight lipped but why not share the info with fellow enthusiasts?!

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My old lady has been bugging me to do this more this year, I will let you know what we find

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
End of the pipeline hit the notch go left super good area to do ski laps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polarischik

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! If you have more let me know. We will be out there for 5 days of riding so the variety the better!

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pm me a few days before me and some buddy's might be down to do some laps with you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polarischik

Reaction score
For sure! I know we are planning on being there for 5 days starting on Dec.29. Beginner to intermediate sledders though so easy access terrain is best!

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure! I know we are planning on being there for 5 days starting on Dec.29. Beginner to intermediate sledders though so easy access terrain is best!

Most of the real good sled skiing in the Fernie area is more suited for the advanced sled skier/boarder, but there are some places up coal creek for intermediates. Have a fun and safe trip.

polarischik

Reaction score
Got any areas to recommend specifically? We all have to start somewhere!

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does your group have skins, touring gear? My wife and I live near Calgary and have been sled skiing for a few years.
Quartz creek near Golden has good terrain to access, message us and we can show you around some time.

thecheyner

Reaction score
I'm getting the mrs into sled boarding this year. Have to teach her to sled but she can shred really well. There is lots to do in coal creek area. Near the power lines you can go up around the trees and zip around in the trees. for longer laps you can ride near the morrisey road(make sure you check avy conditions). You can ride the trees along the pipeline on the way to the notch. once you get to the notch there is lots of stuff to ride. Just put in a good highway and the newbs should be good ta go. How many of you can ride mid week????? I switched to a 7on7off job so I could ride more but it turns out its tough to find people to ride midweek with sleds, hahah

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are free for mid week fun, watching the weather and it looks
cold and snowy the week after next. We usually camp at the trailhead
to get the jump on good freshy days.
Did Valemount a couple weeks ago and it was so Yum!

polarischik

Reaction score
Heading out riding on the 30th through to the 3. How's the snow? If you want to join and can show some newbies around Pm me!

Top Bottom