Sled Recoveries in Revy and Area

jumpingjack

Reaction score
Our group of 6-8 sledders from Alberta are in Revy every second weekend. Given the cost of getting a helicopter to get broken sleds out our group has put together a recovery system with a Skandic wide track sled. We are willing to recover sleds for others at a cost of half of what a Heli would be. All we will need is the GPS location and info on what the sled is and what is wrong with it. If it is posible to repair the sled on the hill be can do that too. If we can help we will. If you are needing our services you can check with Greg @ Rough Country or Adam at the Big Eddy Market. They will know if we are in town. You can also send me a PM on here.
We are not looking to get rich just willing to help out and recover some of our cost for the equipment we have purchased.

Attachments

• Tow sled.jpg
    Tow sled.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 1,791
  • Ski skins.jpg
    Ski skins.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 1,796

jumpingjack

Reaction score
We were out this past weekend so our next trip will be March 30 to April 1st.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What happens if you go in and can't get the sled out JJ? Will there still be a cost involved? Sounds like a great service.

jumpingjack

Reaction score
If we can't get it out we will not charge for trying. I'm sure there will be some sleds that would require more work, time and effort than what would be worth our time. This can be determined when we discuss the location over the phone.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck jack...

Oh if craigs po po dragon goes down charge him double

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

jumpingjack

Reaction score
Me and the crew are heading out to Revy as I am posting this note.

If you or someone you know needs to get a sled out this weekend you can send me a PM on here or Talk to Greg or Barb at Rough Country or talk to Adam at the Big Eddy Market. They have my numbers and can pass along your info. I'll contact you once I get down.

kitchenpass

Reaction score
Thanks to Jack and his crew. They retrieved my sled from the back of Frisby (26Km in) on Friday night. We went in at 10:30 and were back in the parking lot just before 2AM. Lost about a 1/2 hour or more looking for sled because we did not have GPS coordinates on it and it had snowed and covered most of the tracks. (must purchase GPS) The Skandic and how they have it set up worked awesome. Had some trouble at the first hill after the razor back ridge, only making it a little over halfway up before spinning down and then again at one hill in a loop around and up. But they used a double snatch block and up she went both times. I would highly reccomend Jack's service to anyone in a jam. Great guys with no quit. Whole event made for a good adventure. Also would reccomend anyone riding a Doo get a second DESS key, lesson learned.
Thanks again to Jack , Kyle and Wayne!

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Jack and his crew. They retrieved my sled from the back of Frisby (26Km in) on Friday night. We went in at 10:30 and were back in the parking lot just before 2AM. Lost about a 1/2 hour or more looking for sled because we did not have GPS coordinates on it and it had snowed and covered most of the tracks. (must purchase GPS) The Skandic and how they have it set up worked awesome. Had some trouble at the first hill after the razor back ridge, only making it a little over halfway up before spinning down and then again at one hill in a loop around and up. But they used a double snatch block and up she went both times. I would highly reccomend Jack's service to anyone in a jam. Great guys with no quit. Whole event made for a good adventure. Also would reccomend anyone riding a Doo get a second DESS key, lesson learned.
Thanks again to Jack , Kyle and Wayne!
So to give us an idea What did it cost you compared to an air lift.

polguy

Reaction score
Sounds like it cost about 4 hours of sleep compared to an air lift! lol Kinda expensive to have an heli find your sled without gps coordinates though...

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought heli was pretty reasonable if you have GPS coords. Met a guy with a John Deere wrap that seemed to know.LOL

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we can't get it out we will not charge for trying. I'm sure there will be some sleds that would require more work, time and effort than what would be worth our time. This can be determined when we discuss the location over the phone.

Great idea

I ride a cat. Do you have a membership card, something like a subway card, get you're 10th Free type of thing?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our group had a sled helied about 1/4 mile from Turbo hill and it was $540 tax in this year.

jumpingjack

Reaction score
Where your sled brakes down is the key deciding factor as to how much it will cost you to get it out. If you ride Keystone, Area 51, Hall, Caribou or any area in Sicamous it could cost you over $1000 to get it flown out. In some situation you will have no choice but in many areas you may have. We are simply offering to help if and when we can. We have a minimum charge or $300 if we get it out but as a guideline we are planning to charge 1/2 of what the heli would be. If we can't get it out we do not charge.
It is very important to have a GPS location of the sled no matter which way you choose to go.
In many case we will go in at night to retrieve the sled so we don't take away from our riding time. We go out to ride and if we can help out our fellow rider we will try. The choice is always yours so have fun and ride safe!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any ideas guys on where you cannot tow a dead sled out of. Turbo Hill, the lower lakes on Boulder, Monster bowl? Just wondering the capabilities of your sled for certain area's as there are some good pulls to get out of some of those area's.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where your sled brakes down is the key deciding factor as to how much it will cost you to get it out. If you ride Keystone, Area 51, Hall, Caribou or any area in Sicamous it could cost you over $1000 to get it flown out. In some situation you will have no choice but in many areas you may have. We are simply offering to help if and when we can. We have a minimum charge or $300 if we get it out but as a guideline we are planning to charge 1/2 of what the heli would be. If we can't get it out we do not charge.
It is very important to have a GPS location of the sled no matter which way you choose to go.
In many case we will go in at night to retrieve the sled so we don't take away from our riding time. We go out to ride and if we can help out our fellow rider we will try. The choice is always yours so have fun and ride safe!

Jacks had so much practice towing sleds out its a good idea.
And that's with out a tow rig lol.

If u seen the guy ride then u would understand

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Top Bottom