Sled Decks

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the laws with regards to sled decks in BC ? I have heard they don't like them on half tons but don't know how true?

Does anyone have one for sale if so Pm me and we can see if we can make a deal or trade.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Save yourself some grief, two place trailer is the way to go with a half ton. Likely cheaper then a deck also.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Halfer and deck is fine with one sled on

sent while drinking tea's

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the legal side it depends on the payload capacity of the half ton you have.

There is a thread somewhere within 5 posts of this post I am sure with a 1000 or so responses with 25 that have factual information you can peruse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denali881

Reaction score
we're not starting this debate again are we? lol there's about 189000 posts on this.

One sled on a half ton "might" be ok depending on the truck. I was stopped and weighed with my 2006 dodge 3/4 diesel and i was only couple hundred pounds shy of being overweight with two sleds on the deck and a full load of gear and two 200 lbs ish guys.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah but he isn't asking about a 2500 Ram diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Does anyone know the laws with regards to sled decks in BC ? I have heard they don't like them on half tons but don't know how true?

Does anyone have one for sale if so Pm me and we can see if we can make a deal or trade.

No problem with a sled deck on a half ton in BC or anywhere for that matter. It all depends on how much weight you have on the axles in relation to the manufacture's fancy numbers on the door post.

Here is a link in the classifieds for deck sales:

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum566/

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a 1500 with 2 155 pros on it going down QE2. Hilarious, bumper 5" from pavement.

Legalities, coming from a guy who's job is transportation and compliance, maybe squeak by with a deck and 1 sled, 2 no way. And for 1 sled, Forget the deck and do the curve ramp. Save a thousand bills

Top Bottom