Sled Decks and LED Bars

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue last year, cop told me I needed to put covers on my lights, so I took out a roll of duct tape and put covers on them.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what i heard a few years back was any more than 1 set of driving lights have to be covered,but dont know if that includes the factory driving llights. cops measure from vehicle tail lights not from the sled deck lights so when measuring for length of overhang measure from vehicle lights, something to do with deck lights are clearence lights and not brake lights and signal

twumba

Reaction score
My sled deck extension has a tail light and brake light, would that work?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled deck extension has a tail light and brake light, would that work?
My sled deck has brake and turn signals on it but not sure if they count or not.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled deck has brake and turn signals on it but not sure if they count or not.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
Jesus you would hope. But who knows and I'm sure the answer would vary from cop to cop

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Timcop #1 or Timcop # 1Billion ... try your luck!!

It all depends if their passion is motors or plants/fish or he/she is a dick or wants a dick!!

taz3038

Reaction score
How do you guys mount or attach lights to the sleds? I've seen the magnetic ones or the one that brackets for mounting on a trailer. Just wondering which is the best way to use these without them falling of the sleds

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447389659.382350.jpg
Not the best picture but you get the idea.
Track bar with a marker light and a flag.
Too easy!

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just kept a bag of lengthy heavy duty zip ties. Worked alright, but I'm sure a guy can come up with better...

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a guy with a battery powered flashing LED light he was using instead of a flag. Looked like a good idea

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a guy with a battery powered flashing LED light he was using instead of a flag. Looked like a good idea

At most truck shops you can get a good red LED light that can clip on, usually about 2x3 inches and around $30.00. Do not use a flashing red light, that will get you pulled over very fast, the cops and DOT dont like flashing red, it is reserved for emergency vehicles.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got the doo heavy duty bumper on mine, it has 2 small holes pre drilled on it for a hitch, I put a flat piece of 1/8" aluminum plating with a couple of bolts and wing nuts. I have a small round 3/4" red marker led light and a flag mounted just below. The cord for the light goes down through my track and I put a plug off of my marker lights on my deck to plug it in...very tidy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom