Light Bar up in front of sled handlebars

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may have asked this years ago, but does anyone run, or know of, a light bar mounted in front of the sled mountain bar? Maybe a mount plate using the bolts at the top of the riser block?
Something like some guys run on snow bikes
I know I could jimmy something up but I’d like to get a proper kit if there is one. Internet search mostly brings up trail sleds with light bar mounted way down on front the bumper, or Honda Civic Street racer style blue accent lights down the side

I’d like to get some light up higher out of the snow so that it isn’t constantly covered by pow, and also easy to wipe off without bending over and hitting kill switch with medium to large belly

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may have asked this years ago, but does anyone run, or know of, a light bar mounted in front of the sled mountain bar? Maybe a mount plate using the bolts at the top of the riser block?
Something like some guys run on snow bikes
I know I could jimmy something up but I’d like to get a proper kit if there is one. Internet search mostly brings up trail sleds with light bar mounted way down on front the bumper, or Honda Civic Street racer style blue accent lights down the side

I’d like to get some light up higher out of the snow so that it isn’t constantly covered by pow, and also easy to wipe off without bending over and hitting kill switch with medium to large belly

Probably best to get a helmet mount for that sucker...it’s gonna be epic DEEEEEPPPPPP this winter!!!!!

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look in the motor cross section of a shop with lots of accessories. Bar clamps are available separately with a stud or bolt hole, then adapt from there.

But I prefer a helmet light like the frankensled. In deep snow the skis are never pointed where you are looking.
50a646ca3f6c608ea9fbc3c386c796b2.jpg

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run mine up on the bars/windshield on my last two sleds works pretty well

[

That looks really good. How did you hook it up at the bars, with some universal clamps?
Where did you tie in the power? On one hand I wanted to tie in to high beams, but easier might be just to use the 12V accessory plug in the glove box. Then I don’t hit high by mistake in the daytime and shine in people’s faces, I want it annoying bright for night

(Have a 15 174 T3 and an 18 175 850)

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used the highbeam from my headlight switch so light comes onhighbeam off on low beam on my xm added a switch on the bars,used nut n bolt through riser n large washer n it on there solid and low enough when your face meets the bars it not in the way

That looks really good. How did you hook it up at the bars, with some universal clamps?
Where did you tie in the power? On one hand I wanted to tie in to high beams, but easier might be just to use the 12V accessory plug in the glove box. Then I don’t hit high by mistake in the daytime and shine in people’s faces, I want it annoying bright for night

(Have a 15 174 T3 and an 18 175 850)

Last edited:
Reactions: LID

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris kit currently for sale and they say that the skidoo G4 kit should be ready soon

I’ll be grabbing a G4 one to try out

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm really anal about my stuff, have always kept my Aux. lights discreet, and hidden as much as possible. have been doing this to my sled for over 10 years now. favorite set up was mounting them directly in the riser block nice and flush, super clean. This is what I'm running on my last 2 GEN4's, and non of my set ups have ever cost me more that 100$

IMG_8708.jpg

Reactions: Dmf

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
diamond LED is a site member, and I have had good experience with his stuff. He's out of Calgary.

he sold me a flashlight that hurts your eyes if its turned on indoors... flickers stop signs across the shuswap lol

• Thanks
Reactions: Dmf
Top Bottom