Sled Deck which are good which are junk?

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having trouble finding parts in edmonton, seems noone is interesting in selling extra parts unless they install them or you've bought the deck from them.

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey crow Marathon are here in Edmonton on the south side near the Holiday inn they should be able to sell you any parts you need. I have the same deck and haven't had any problems and I just have the legs on the back but I am just hauling ATV's so less weight than sleds

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey crow Marathon are here in Edmonton on the south side near the Holiday inn they should be able to sell you any parts you need. I have the same deck and haven't had any problems and I just have the legs on the back but I am just hauling ATV's so less weight than sleds

Thanks for the heads up...I appreciate that..ya thats all im hauling as well is quads

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it actually marathon on the south side or raven truck parts?

nd4spd

Reaction score
I just picked up my new 7' Denali deck 3 hours ago and it seems really nice so far. $1650 plus tax. All aluminum. Pull out sides. 2 piece 10' ramp. Powder coated black. Wicked for the price. Looked it all over and it's retry much a replica on my marathon I had before.

I have the same deck.. its been great so far and half the price of the other ones.

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea it is Marathon like maxwell said on the south side just off Sherwood Park F/W.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
finally made it over to marathon today...big shout out to aiden there...great customer service tuned up my deck put 2tek legs on the front ( already had 2 on the back) hooked up lights and stroked me a killer deal. Really stand behind their products i was impressed

Shovelking780

Reaction score
finally made it over to marathon today...big shout out to aiden there...great customer service tuned up my deck put 2tek legs on the front ( already had 2 on the back) hooked up lights and stroked me a killer deal. Really stand behind their products i was impressed
They are good over there and they do stand behind their stuff. Aiden and Chris are both good to deal with. I really like my Marathon deck just picked up their new extension for sleds and UTV it is telescopic to adjust length of the deck surface. Next I will be mounting a winch.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are good over there and they do stand behind their stuff. Aiden and Chris are both good to deal with. I really like my Marathon deck just picked up their new extension for sleds and UTV it is telescopic to adjust length of the deck surface. Next I will be mounting a winch.

ya i was looking at the winch plate and stuff today....might come in handy for loading alot of stuff not just the toys...

SRT

Reaction score
I have the same deck.. its been great so far and half the price of the other ones.

I just picked up an 8' from Cap-It. Haven't used it yet but I will next week. Quality looks sketchy as ch!t... But couldn't beat the price.

Just killing time.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may be a little biased, but dollar for dollar, it's tough to beat a Cross-Trax. 12' individual ramps for quads and SXS's is an option, with a third one for sleds. It can be a bit of an inconvenience putting all the ramps together, but it works great for my needs.

Attachments

• IMG_2807 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_2807 (1024x768).jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_2808 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_2808 (1024x768).jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 488

Shovelking780

Reaction score
Do you use a winch to load or do you drive up? I going to be loading my 1000 on my Truck Boss and Ford dually 12 ft single ramps as well with deck extension.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No winch...just four wheel drive. As long as the ramps are clad with Superglide, all's good.

mannix

Reaction score
I have a Silver Lake deck - collapsible, 11' telescoping ramps, Superclamps. I love it. On my 2nd season, I ride ~40 days a year, some of the sliders are starting to get worn, but still functional.

I'm not convinced it is THE BEST, but I can't think of anything I'd change. It works really well, it is pretty light (can put it in and out of the truck solo), slides function great, shrug, no complaints.

I'd also strongly recommend getting an expandable deck. I did not think I'd want it, but yeah, it is a good idea - they're WIDE, and if you don't have sleds up there, you don't want that extra width.

In my case, while the expandable was more $$$, the cost of shipping the fixed-width deck would have negated savings - the fixed-width won't fit IN a truck, costs more to ship. I think the fixed deck might have been incrementally cheaper once I got it shipped, but <$100, IE, I'll take expandable deck.

Only gripe I have with the deck - and this'd be decks in general, not Silver Lake - you have to be a little careful getting the deck/ramp pretty horizontal. Funky angles send the sled off in funky directions. Not a big deal most of the time, but occasionally, typically early/late season, using 4wd roads to get to snow, you have to pay a little more attention. Parking facing downhill is good - easier to get a sled up with gravity on your side. First few trips up the ramp are nervy, but you get used to it fast. Pay attention to how the sled is coming off - if the sled is on crooked a bit, you can run out of room backing down & fall off the ramp. Easy enough to bump the track over to get it straight - I've had it get crooked on the way up if the track spins as it gets onto the deck (icy/slushy contributes), put sleds up there with forklifts in the dark, wound up a bit crooked.

Snowflaps are a pain in the butt, either tie them up, cut them down or have someone walk beside the sled, holding the flap up so the track does not eat it. Or, if it does, get off (2/3 down the ramp), lift tunnel, sled normally rolls right off.

Deluxe Model Sled Deck | SilverLake Manufacturing

I love it. Built a box under the deck, put it on rollers, a giant drawer, basically, can slide drawer out, put stuff in the front of the drawer, send it to the front of the bed - but no crawling under the deck to retrieve it.

Iain

GotAssaulted

Reaction score
Been doing the survey thing for a few years now, cant say who the best is, but I can say what aspects you should avoid. Avoid the whale tails, unless you a concussion. Avoid decks that rest on the box. Box rails aren't designed to take the weight, they will get wrecked, eventually. Avoid telescopic ramps. Although they are very nice to use solo, IF they bend at all you're hooped, throw them out and drop another $1200 to re-ramp. I made the move to Cross-Trax (shout out to Wes!), because I live in Lacombe and being that they're practically down the street, I got to have a good look at them and found that they really focus on structure first, then function. It's an investment, remember that when you wanna fork over your cash.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a telescopic ramp bends they are easy to bend back just flip it over and jump on the rungs a little bit if you bend it worse than that it is from operator error you don't have to hit a ramp very hard with a sled or quad dirt bikes tend to do the most damage to deck ramp in my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom