Sled Deck which are good which are junk?

xmsummit154

Reaction score
Looking at buying a deck just wondering which are the most reasonable priced decks that aren't junk and fall apart after a year of actually using it??

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive recently purchased a couple of Marlon Decks. they seem ok. very reasonably priced from Martin Motorsports. a couple things i would change is the way the ramp slides together and the way the rear bar is mounted, also more attachement points on the rear. other than that it seems like a good deck! legs are adjustable for all different sizes of boxes aswell.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Cheapest ones are the non adjustable, which I would not recommend as you will take off your head a couple of times when you walk around the truck. There probably are a few marathons for sale which is a good deck. I have had the crosstrax which I thought was great and he's a member on site here. I liked it because it fit in a short box but had extensions on the sides and back for longer sleds.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Cross trax from Stettler. I have no issues with it at all. They will even custom build to suit.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say marathon is the best. I have had mine for 6 years now with only minor issues (the odd wire breaking off). Still has the original decking on it. Not sure if they still make the old style now that they have moved to the truckboss style.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There can be only one best deck, and that is JETCRAFT. Built by Jetcraft Marine in Grande Prairie. You get what you pay for there.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Cheapest ones are the non adjustable, which I would not recommend as you will take off your head a couple of times when you walk around the truck. There probably are a few marathons for sale which is a good deck. I have had the crosstrax which I thought was great and he's a member on site here. I liked it because it fit in a short box but had extensions on the sides and back for longer sleds.

I had an old solid steel deck, that I replaced with a Marathon fixed side 8' wide by 9' long deck..... Let me tell you the one time you rip out of the truck quick to do something behind the truck and walk into the corner of the deck.... you will say a few pleasantries, but it works well for me. My next deck will likely be a Cross Trax, Goodngrubby here on Snowandmud is a distributor for them and is a stand up guy as well.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a marathon, excellent deck, next deck would hands down be a bulldog superdeck. there expensive yes, but if you look at what it comes with for the purchase price its actually not to bad. 6 rows of superglides, 2 front and 2 rear superclamps, under deck lighting, and 4 box tiedowns.
I would look into these guys, Also have a nice extension for you short box guys hauling long tracks.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FULL LOTUS all the way! still rocking my original full lotus deck and still looks almost new! top sheet they use is absolutely amazing, very well constructed lots of mounting points, The ramps they have are awesome! If I didn't buy a full lotus I would buy an M line

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying a deck just wondering which are the most reasonable priced decks that aren't junk and fall apart after a year of actually using it??

you guys are all talking about top of the line 3000-6000$ decks.

no denying marathon and others make nice products but they arent what i would call reasonably priced.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
you guys are all talking about top of the line 3000-6000$ decks.

no denying marathon and others make nice products but they arent what i would call reasonably priced.

only reason I have the Aluminum Marathon I have now is I bought it from a survey company for $800...... I couldn't build one for that much.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
only reason I have the Aluminum Marathon I have now is I bought it from a survey company for $800...... I couldn't build one for that much.

forsure. i would say the best bang for your buck is a crosstrax as far as NEW is concerned. my Marlon decks get the job done and are about 500$ cheaper. But no denying the crosstrax will outlast it.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Have had a cross trax with the extension for three years now. It's great no complaints here.

Call them in lacombe Good people to deal with
Or talk to GoodNGrubby on the site

Sent from my iPhone using

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I also have a Crosstrax.There's a few little quality control things that get under my skin but I have severe OCD so most people wouldn't even notice,lol. I really wish it had an easier ramp though.Guys with telescopic ramps have their sleds unloaded ready to go before I even have my ramp pieced together.
Have had a cross trax with the extension for three years now. It's great no complaints here.

Call them in lacombe Good people to deal with
Or talk to GoodNGrubby on the site

Sent from my iPhone using

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have a Crosstrax.There's a few little quality control things that get under my skin but I have severe OCD so most people wouldn't even notice,lol. I really wish it had an easier ramp though.Guys with telescopic ramps have their sleds unloaded ready to go before I even have my ramp pieced together.

That's one of the reason I switched to marlon. Telescoping ramp and 2 super clamps for 2600$ new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

hmmc

Reaction score
Crosstrax made in Alberta by people that live here. Built and designed to work in the oilfield also. I can't even count how many survey crews I see with them out in the bush, that speaks for it self. If you look at the crosstrax simple design that works. The price difference of 500.00 dollars compared to a marlon is not a whole lot when you think it will outlast it. From there on m line, full lotus, and truck boss are really nice but price goes up.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Marlon. They are real nice for the price. I got a powder coated black one with stainless steel deck and super glides, super clamps for about 3200.00

I like the ramps a lot too. they have Superglides on them and are easy to drive up. Made pretty well and dont have a lot of flex.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the 7 ft marathon classic style deck no issues in 4 years use it year round and never take it off the truck and the telescoping ramp is awesome i can load and unload the ramp no problem by myself

i have a cross traxx extension for it and it works ok as well although they could have put the wood on the slide out parts better as they barley go into the groove on the side and hang down when the extension is flipped up

i would probabaly buy a cross traxx deck if i was going to buy a new one as they are 10 minutes away from me

Top Bottom