Sled Deck Slide Out Lubricating

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you guys use for lubrication on your sled deck slides to make it a little easier to pull out and retract the sides. Some people say not to use anything as it attracts road grime and just makes it worse, I was thinking of trying dry graphite spray as we use it on our telehandler booms at work and its seems to work well!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been meaning to pickup some graphite spray for my extendable ramp but didn't think of it for the slide outs

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use the spray on dry lube for RV slide outs. Works great on slide outs would assume same on exposed deck and won't attract road grim chit.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere you have metal on metal that needs to slide I use a product called Slip Plate. It goes on wet but dries in minutes and won't attract any dirt or grime. There are other products similar but seem to be a bit runnier and need a couple coats to get a good layer, but works equally as well. You can get it in a gallon can and put it on with a brush or an aerosol form. I picked up a spray can of a different brand at an RV store just south of City Ford I think.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Graphite lube can be messy, It is black and can make everything you have in contact forever on black.

I would recommend a teflon or silicone spray. I had some play with my slide outs on my deck, found some thin 3m 2 face tape and some super thin cutting board plastic. Worked awesome.
\\\\

I've been meaning to pickup some graphite spray for my extendable ramp but didn't think of it for the slide outs

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of deck do you have ? I just keep mine super clean never had an issue . Maybe wax ?

Top Bottom