Sled deck on 1/2 ton?

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know, because I live in N.America.
And Americans are quite famous around the world for their stupidity, since I live here, I've become one of you, no difference between you and me whatsoever. Unfortunate.
Amin

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And Americans are quite famous around the world for their stupidity, since I live here, I've become one of you, no difference between you and me whatsoever. Unfortunate.
Amin

Americans eh? :rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Just wondering if running a deck on a 1/2 ton is possible?. It would be on a 2012 dodge 1500 and have 2 sleds on it. Thanks.

Buy the deck. Load it up with all your stuff and go weigh it.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amin

wow, you really got good at it fast. LOL

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for the 2015 thread: "Can I put a sled deck on my 1/2 ton?" LOL.

Short answer: Yes. Yes you can. You just shouldn't put anything on it.

Do you know which brands put ethanol in their gas?

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, i did.
I learn things quickly and stupidity always comes first. I was trolling you guys, sorry about that. Anyway you've made my day :).
Well, coming back to our deck conversation.
The whole topic is hilarious, because when you do install these desks, you do lift center of gravity of your track, + you do increase drag coefficient, and if you track is lifted. Huh, that gets really bad.
These decks should be banned no matter which track you are installing them (1/2, 3/4 or ton). That is serious and dangerous modification of your vehicle. Someone who invented that staff must be pretty damn stupid person.
Have a good day guys.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 2011 silverado 1500 with a 1925lb payload. I was thinking ,ore of that style of a deck to keep all the weight off the front. I'm not arguing here nor there mines a 6.2 gas with 2 pro chassis sleds would i be ok? What about if i towed a 2 place trailer with the deck on. Honestly I'm getting a enclosed soon i was more curious then anything.

One thing about that sled deck it would put more weight on the front wheels.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What if I bought the stickers for a 3/4 ton door and put them over top of the stickers on my half ton? Am I legal then? My stickers would say that I am! Lol

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, i did.
I learn things quickly and stupidity always comes first. I was trolling you guys, sorry about that. Anyway you've made my day :).
Well, coming back to our deck conversation.
The whole topic is hilarious, because when you do install these desks, you do lift center of gravity of your track, + you do increase drag coefficient, and if you track is lifted. Huh, that gets really bad.
These decks should be banned no matter which track you are installing them (1/2, 3/4 or ton). That is serious and dangerous modification of your vehicle. Someone who invented that staff must be pretty damn stupid person.
Have a good day guys.

How much have you had to drink today?

eagle eye

Reaction score
I wasn't being a smartass.....I heard someone say the dodges have 1300lb payload meaning my truck has well over 600lbs more payload capacity then the dodge likely because dp the coil rear on the dodges.....doesn't that make it better. I'm grasping at straws in saying that capacity is in the 3/4 ton Range plus it also has better breaks, suspension etc. Yes it's better then a regular half ton are you still confused? Pros don't weigh 600 lbs either 417 dry likely 500 loaded. I don't have a deck to just toss in with 2 sleds on top or id do that and go weigh it as well. The only reason I would ever consider a deck is for practicality. And not everyone has money for a new loaded up rig pig diesel with the tap out emblem on the back window. I asked a relatively simple question I'm not a expert at payloads if I was I wouldn't be asking obviously isn't this forum here to knowledge people?

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't being a smartass.....I heard someone say the dodges have 1300lb payload meaning my truck has well over 600lbs more payload capacity then the dodge likely because dp the coil rear on the dodges.....doesn't that make it better. I'm grasping at straws in saying that capacity is in the 3/4 ton Range plus it also has better breaks, suspension etc. Yes it's better then a regular half ton are you still confused? Pros don't weigh 600 lbs either 417 dry likely 500 loaded. I don't have a deck to just toss in with 2 sleds on top or id do that and go weigh it as well. The only reason I would ever consider a deck is for practicality. And not everyone has money for a new loaded up rig pig diesel with the tap out emblem on the back window. I asked a relatively simple question I'm not a expert at payloads if I was I wouldn't be asking obviously isn't this forum here to knowledge people?

Like I said earlier in this thread, the HD F-150 is an option for folks that can live with a regular cab and can't afford, or don't want a 3/4 or 1 ton. My truck has a 2,700 lb payload and I have been running a Truck Boss deck carrying two sleds...checked at the scales...all legal.

https://www.snowandmud.com/tow-vehi...y-payload-capabilities-80749.html#post1725190

eagle eye

Reaction score
Not sure how that pertains to what I was asking I don't own a ford or a regular cab truck and don't want one....lol I figure 500 per sled plus 300 deck leaves me with close to 700lbs yet? Anywho I was just curious

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure how that pertains to what I was asking I don't own a ford or a regular cab truck and don't want one....lol I figure 500 per sled plus 300 deck leaves me with close to 700lbs yet? Anywho I was just curious

Where do you guys think the deck weighs 300 lbs? with ramp or without? Is the deck made of marshmallows? No chance for a 500 lb sled that has fuel. Easily closer to 600 each topped up with tunnel bag etc.

Payload is measured without things like spare tire, passenger, fuel, gear, etc. I don't know how many times we gotta say this - take the truck and sled to the scale and weigh it. Stop playing paper math and just go do it, most guys won't because they are afraid of what the answer might be, but its the best way. Full of fuel, throw a jerry can in the back, almost like you were going riding. Pretty sure you won't have the 700 lbs you think you do.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lets use a more realistic numbers like you said so 550lbs with your Pro loaded, just what I have seen... 350lb lightest weight deck available with ramps... So 14-1500 lbs right there with low assumptions.... Like I have said add in buddies, tools, gear, snow/ice buildup....

Ultimately you can do some good calculations prior to buying your deck, then if you decide to get it load it up and go to weight scale. Goodluck!!!!!

Top Bottom