Sled deck gripes

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so if you have mountain sleds you should "know" or "need" a longbox??! in my crap ass, worth nothing, don't dwell on it opinion your next words after "a real truck (meaning a longbox)" should be " a real man( insert your own line of bs)"
come on, chill boys and girls.
i have a L shaped slip tank in my truck, does that make me totally inferior because i cant put a deck in mine or i need to custom build my own?
six foot, eight foot, slip tank? is that the same as duck, duck, goose??

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
so if you have mountain sleds you should "know" or "need" a longbox??! in my crap ass, worth nothing, don't dwell on it opinion your next words after "a real truck (meaning a longbox)" should be " a real man( insert your own line of bs)"
come on, chill boys and girls.
i have a L shaped slip tank in my truck, does that make me totally inferior because i cant put a deck in mine or i need to custom build my own?
six foot, eight foot, slip tank? is that the same as duck, duck, goose??

Boydo, it just amazes me that the amount of "work trucks" (using that as a pretty general term) I see that have items hanging over the tailgate. The same goes for sleds! Hell, I've even seen sleds in an Avalanche (not literally) with 4' of track hanging out on top of the tailgate.

My point was, besides the engineer comment, it you want to haul toys safely doo just that! Get the good equipment to doo the job and start with a truck for the job, then a deck for the job, etc. Let's quit the hay wiring and going the mickey mouse way.

Maybe that should have been the duck, duck, goose way.

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie, I am the President of Team Half A$$ and the CEO of Team Good Enough. With that attitude you are never going to get on my team :D:D
well i see you live in Kimberly so at least my chances of comin upon your dog and ponyshow team will be slim!!lol (all in humour!!)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
well i see you live in Kimberly so at least my chances of comin upon your dog and ponyshow team will be slim!!lol (all in humour!!)

It's a small world Boydo! Maybe I'll get you to doo a professional polish on my truck deck but I'm thinking that's a long way to go and it's a large amount of polishing. I may have to go to Kimberly and rob a bank just to pay the bill.

But then what doo I know.....I'm just one of those snarly, VIP members!

Stantheman

Reaction score
I have a 6'8" Ford with a 7' marathon classic purchased new last year. My buddy suggested to me that I immediately go searching for a extension so I did, thanks to him. Its gives me the best of both worlds, I have 9' of deck to support the sleds and a truck that my wife can drive when the deck is folded up. Marathon charge $500 for the extension, are you sure you cant find a welder to do it for that price, I know a guy who would build it. I've had alot of people ask me about the extension and all I can tell them is I got it directly from Marathon and good luck because they dont make them anymore.

I see the point of this topic, I'm sad to see the classics go but everything changes given enough time.

bcham5

Reaction score
my 153 is pretty sketchy looking on a short deck with no extension, but with the extension and my taillight pigtail i should not have any problems untill they nail me for forgetting my light covers again :p
cd626833.jpg

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a small world Boydo! Maybe I'll get you to doo a professional polish on my truck deck but I'm thinking that's a long way to go and it's a large amount of polishing. I may have to go to Kimberly and rob a bank just to pay the bill.

But then what doo I know.....I'm just one of those snarly, VIP members!
well if i meet you one day, ill give you a high five or buy you a beer at least!! as far as robbin a bank to pay my bill, nahhhh just quickie mart should do!!lol!!!!!

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 153 is pretty sketchy looking on a short deck with no extension, but with the extension and my taillight pigtail i should not have any problems untill they nail me for forgetting my light covers again :p
cd626833.jpg
the problem with your deck extension is it is not the same profile as the original, it works, i bet you have no problems at all but it aint the same!!
the problem with the marathon decks is its not just flat aluminum sides it is extrusion, which they probably own the die for so you cannot just go to a metal supplier and get a length and cut to fit.
myself i would make the sides look the same but i am kinda fussy that way! looks vs function is/will be a battle forever! for me being that i need to build a deck around my slip tank it will be flat aluminum sides,easy to make an ext. blend in.

Top Bottom