sled and quad trails gps marked

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this helpful information. I have a GPS but still unsure how to use it and not sure how to download this information onto my GPS ?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a Garmin GPS:
Install the Communicator Plug-in from the Garmin website.
Copy the link from Google Maps for the Staging Areas. There's a link button on the right.
Go to TakitWithMe, paste the link and click Load my Map.
You should see a button below to upload to Garmin GPS. Click the button and it will upload the waypoints to your GPS.
Worked great on my Rino 530 today. It will be handy to just have these now.

The other option to export to GPX may work for other GPS manufacturers. I only have Garmins.

:beer::beer::beer: to the guy that created the locations. I'll find out how accurate some of them are when the snow is flying.

Thanks for this helpful information. I have a GPS but still unsure how to use it and not sure how to download this information onto my GPS ?

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good to have but even better to know how to use it. I've never done it like Mac900RMK (I don't have the computer skills) but you can enter the coordinates manually for the points you may use. No use in having a ton of coordinates you will never use.
Thanks for those BrownSilver!:beer:

Blownsilver

Reaction score
Hey no problem guys we were talking about how far day trips to valemount were and if anything was closer for just day trips then another guy piped up in the lunchroom and said he had this map and emailed it to me I cant verify how accurate it is but seems like someone put alot of time into it and the descriptions

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks Blownsilver, I followed your instructions and it worked like a charm.:)

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey no problem guys we were talking about how far day trips to valemount were and if anything was closer for just day trips then another guy piped up in the lunchroom and said he had this map and emailed it to me I cant verify how accurate it is but seems like someone put alot of time into it and the descriptions
Hey guys, thanks for the positive feed back. I started this a few years ago and 99% of the staging area are very accurate. A few are word of mouth. If anyone has a few spots that are not on the map that they would like to share please send me a pm or email with the GPS points or directions.

Blownsilver

Reaction score
Did you make this map? If so right on man must have taken a pile of your time and effort great help for our sport when people like you go out of your way and make these maps

thomas2259

Reaction score
I'm new to the GPS world and am trying to enter some of these staging areas into my Garmin 60CSx however it seems the coordinates listed on the google map have one more digit than my Garmin accepts. I enter the coordinates just leaving the last digit out, however when I look on the map after the fact it seems like the waypoint is not exactly where it should be.

Anyone help me out with this one???

Example - I enter the coordinates for South Fork as listed on the google map, 52.206555,-115.112171, however I can only enter 52 20.655 115.11.217. This ends up being in a different location than shown on google maps. Same general area, but different spot.

Also, how do I know whether to enter N/S or E/W??

Thanks

Top Bottom