SKS vs Assault

Megrizzly

Reaction score
Looking at upgrading my pro ride assault rmk to a axys one. Local dealers have both sks or assault with es for same price in stock. Aside from a-arms, needles vs piggybacks, front cooler, and tracks (2.6 vs 2.4), is there any other differences between the two?

Ive always run my assault in the bottom skid hole for more fun factor. Is there any bracing, reinforcement, or rail profile changes? Can I run an sks in stock form in the bottom hole without risk of stabbing?

Akpowderhound

Reaction score
The sks has the chain case as well as the assault.
It really comes down to.....
do you want the better track and cooling on the sks
or the better needle shocks on the assault.
I chose the sks and revalved the piggybacks.
Coming off a proAssault I am happy with my decision.

Ol' Skool

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all comes down to rider preference. I too thought long and hard on the SKS/Assault topic. I decided on the Assault RMK with 2.6. I set mine up on the narrowest ski stance. I decided on the Assault because of the needle shocks, which I love, and the way tougher A-arms. Lack of bulkhead cooler doesn't seem to be a factor so far. The sled runs cool. Im also not a fan of e-start, and didn't want it on an in season SKS. Cant go wrong with either machine. Just up to your riding style.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't want estart either, but I bought the last 16 assault at the time and it came with it. Never go back now haha. It's pretty nice.

Top Bottom